Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Quickening


Jodi
*Waking with a lazy stretch I fight my way out of Vishous’s arms, laughing quietly at his muffled groans of complaint before brushing a kiss to his parted lips and easing out of bed, sucking in a breath as my feet hit the cold floor. I pull one of his fleeces from the suitcase and shrug it on, zipping it up to my throat and run my fingers through my hair, my hand falling to rest on my stomach as it seemed to always do now as I step into the hall and head for the kitchen to make coffee. My mind was restless, a nagging sense of dread preventing me from enjoying the peace of the morning as I poured myself a steaming mug and settled on the high stool at the breakfast counter. I was scared. As Z would say it, pants-pissing scared. Of what Havers would find. Of the Scribe Virgin taking my hellren away. Of the fate of our young if he had to leave me. Christ, what a mess. Our private escape to the cabin had been wonderful, a much needed respite from the clamor of the compound which had only grown worse with the swelling of my belly, the weeks grinding by in a stream of concerned shellans and anxious doggen, desperately wanting to be helpful. This trip to the mountains had been a haven in a hurricane. A quiet place to remember how far we’d come. The days had passed far too quickly in a blur of shared vows and tangled bodies but, it was time to go back and face the proverbial music. The appointment with Havers was in just a few hours and I wasn’t going to miss it. Before anything else, I needed to know the child I carried was okay. Reaching over the counter, I flipped on the radio and tuned through the buzzing static to find a station. Stroking a hand over my belly, I sang softly along with the music in the hopes our young would hear me*

Vishous
-the song was streaming through my head like there was no other sound in the world, over and over again, image after image playing behind closed eyelids... There would never be anything like the weekend we’d had in this secluded cabin. Even Wrath had kept intrusion to a minimum. I guess you could say that when the most isolated brother finds some peace in the middle of the war zone everyone seemed to get with the program. Each of the brothers had found what we were looking for even without really knowing what that was.. Fueled by the fear of what could happen during patrol we spent each moment like it was our last... That brought me back to the present, my shellan Jodi, the female that carried my young. It wouldn't be the first time the lineage strayed from our race but, it would be the first time the son of the Scribe Virgin produced a young with someone that was probably never meant for it.. Opening my eyes after I registered the loss of that warm body on top of me, my hearing confirming that leelan was around the kitchen area. With a reluctant groan I pushed off the bed and headed to the bathroom for a quick shower, maybe the cold would clear my mind and help me figure out the best course of action to prepare for an unforeseeable future-


Jodi
*my song is cut short by the rush of water as the shower starts, hopping off of the stool and stepping back down the hall to the little bathroom, I ease the door open and peer inside, catching my lip in my teeth as I watch the water stream down Vishous’s chest. Pushing the door open I slipped in and shut it behind me* Mind some company? *with a hopeful smile, I unzipped the fleece and let it fall, pooling to the floor at my feet*

Vishous
-being lost in thought I did not hear Jodi walk in or slip the door open, your voice broke through my concentration and it took me a moment to form a coherent answer- Huh? -blinking as I turn and watch you shed my fleece, my lips curl into a smirk that exposes my fangs- Not one bit -willing the door open, the bar of soap on my hand-

Jodi
*smiling brightly, I stepped over the side and into the shower, the little space so much smaller than the gargantuan marble stall we usually shared but, I couldn't make myself complain, the cramped alcove forcing us closer as I stood against your chest and pulled the door shut behind me* Good evening, hellren mine.

Vishous
-setting the soap back on its perch to slide my arms around you, the water trickling and pooling some between our fused bodies- Good evening, shellan mine -kissing your forehead before I pull back to look down at you- how did you sleep? -crooked grin-

Jodi
Restlessly. *winds my arms around your neck and tugs you down for a tender kiss* I'm nervous about the appointment. You? *nervous was a bit lacking in severity for what I’d felt but, there was no need to unleash that particular demon now*

Vishous
-chuckles at the offhanded way you were referring to what we were about to face, hoping that my touch was comforting you in some way I brush my lips over yours- Pretty much the same, nervous about the possibilities –like you I was trying not to open that can of worms… scared shitless would be more like it, for a male like me that had NEVER wanted a young the news was much more than a surprise. Most incredible part of this whole ordeal? I actually wanted this…. All of this… problem being the difference in biology and, let’s not forget mommy dearest and her joyful way of giving riddles that were sure to piss everyone off-

Jodi
Everything is going to be fine. Women have babies every day. *gives you a reassuring smile that doesn’t quite reach my eyes, dropping my arms to reach for the shampoo, pouring some into my open palm* Now...on your knees, Vishous.

Vishous
-cocks a brow, after our time together it had been difficult just to get you used to the fact that I liked being on my knees in front of you... but this…. Amusing as hell and quite the breezy kind of conversation we needed to get our minds off more serious topics- So –I start to kneel down onto the cold tile- now you ask for me to be on my knees before you? -chuckling softly-

Jodi
I'm getting used to it. *smiles watching you lower yourself to the floor* It makes me feel... special, I guess. I'd hope you don't do that for everyone. *reaches out to massage your hair into a thick lather* Besides, there’s no step-ladder in here.

Vishous
-grinning I close my eyes- Good –the amusement and teasing tone of my voice proving just how good it was to have you get used to this- you're the only one, shellan mine -purrs softly at the soft touch trying to stay away from images of other times I was kneeling before you and what happened then… my fangs elongating on their own-

Jodi
*chuckles at the rumbling purr rising over the hiss of the water and moves closer to cradle your head to my belly, working the shampoo through and tilting your head back into the spray, rinsing your hair clean*

Vishous
-the slow rhythmic movement of your fingers lulling me into a complete relaxed state and in this moment right here, my ear firmly pressed against the swell of your body I could forget about anything that was not us… your soothing touch… I purr some more, when you're done I open my eyes to look up at you-

Jodi
*smiles, shaking my head and rests my fingers under your chin, urging you to your feet* My turn, nallum. *holds the bar of soap out to you, hopefully* Wash me?

Vishous
-smirks and slowly stands up to my full height before I grab the soap- Of course, leelan -starting just over your belly I lather your soft skin in slow soft circular movements keeping my eyes on you the entire time, making sure I wash your body with a tenderness that could’ve been unheard of… before you-

Jodi
Pretty soon it's going to seem like you're washing a car. *chuckles, shifting as you swipe the sweet-smelling bar over my stomach and dipping down between my thighs to wash away the remnants of our night together, frowning at the thought* We'd better hurry or we'll be late to meet the good doctor.

Vishous
-blinking to break the concentration I had on your body, I chuckle to dismiss the spell I was under and finish washing you, your statement making me rush a bit more so we could get out of the shower in a few more minutes... once we’re both done I turn the water off and peek out to grab the towels so I can pass one out to you- I have to call Butch first, true?

Jodi
*nods, taking the offered towel and rubbing my reddened skin dry, gathering it around me stepping into you to nip teasingly at your lips* After we get home, you can do whatever you like to me. *kisses you again and drops the towel, hips swaying as I walk down the hall and disappear into the bedroom to get dressed*

Vishous
-I watch you walk away appreciatively, a grin spread across my face as million of images flashes through my head, your naked body and mine starring in every single scenario- I like the way that sounds -after I dry my body I follow you going to one of the suitcases to pick out my usual fighting gear, weapons included before I grab my phone and press speed dial to the cop, Butch picks up in his usual laid back manner- Yo cop, need a favor

Jodi
*half listening, I eye my clothing options with increasing distaste, finally settling on jeans and a thick sweater. Frowning, I sucked my breath in to button them, the constriction finally forcing me to push the waistband beneath my swollen stomach, pulling the thick cable knit over my head and tugging it over the flare of my hips. Flare my ass. There’d been a full-blown explosion in the curve department; scowling down at my chest…my hips weren’t all that had changed…not that Vishous wasn’t enjoying that. Typical male. Looking down at my new body with a defeated sigh, I sat on the bed to lace my boots and shove our clothes back in the case, zipping it shut*

Vishous
 -going through the deets with cop was a breeze, we were both on the same page and just the mention of his “brother-in-law” was enough for him to finish my sentence and be on board with being my wing man for this appointment, after that it was the usual warrior-to-warrior talk, especially what we probably had to face in the meeting with the King- We'll meet at the clinic, true -I nod to his confirmation as if he could see me- later -with that I hang up and turn to you ready to leave- we ready?

Jodi
As ready as I'm getting. *forces a smile and takes a long last look around the room, curling my fingers around the handle of the suitcase and gazing up at you as I drag it off the bed, its weight jarring my shoulder when it hits the hardwood floor* We can come back, right?

Vishous
-I grab the suitcase and take it away, earning myself a nasty glare from you but I just wink at you and brush it off - Yup, whenever you want and you're good to go, true –like this time I would pay this getaway with more hours on rotation but it was more than fucking worth it, I kiss the top of your head on my way out and with a last glance at the smaller homey room I walk out of there with you in tow-

Jodi
*narrows my eyes, kissing your jaw and walking down the hall and out the front door to the gravel driveway, climbing into the passenger side of my truck and wriggling down into the frigid leather seat, watching you through the windshield as you stowed the bags in the truck bed and opened the door to slide into the driver's seat, the cab rocking under your movement* I can carry things you know, nallum.

Vishous
-chuckles, putting the key the ignition hearing the engine roar to life- I knew you were going to say that -smirks as I turn the massive truck around to hit the uneven road- but I'm still going to spoil you -I take your hand in mine- as much as I can –and here was the mushy warrior no one knew existed but leelan-

Jodi
I don't need spoiled, nallum. Just loved. *smiles and squeezes your hand, looking out the window at the melting snow, chaotic and anxious thoughts swirling under a facade of forced calm, my hand falling to the thick cashmere covering my stomach*

Vishous
-running my thumb over the back of your hand, even though you didn't say a word I felt the tension and fear like a bitter wave that permeated the air around the cabin of the truck- It'll be ok, leelan -lifting your hand to brush my lips over the back of your hand while I drive through the winding road back to the busy city-

Jodi
It will. It has to. *turning to you with a nervous smile, I leaned over to brush my lips over your throat* I'll be alright, Vishous. *chuckles* Will you? *the question wasn’t entirely in jest, the faint shadows below your eyes spelling out your loss of sleep loud and clear*

Vishous
-crooked grin- That's the spirit, shellan mine -chuckles, not really believing I'm being this positive with the whole situation.. but perhaps it was just needed… the night flies by as we make our way to the clinic- As long as you're fine, I'll be ok -the building comes to view and so does the Escalade parked on the Brotherhood's regular spot.. Sad to say it was regular, we really needed to incentivize civilians to study medicine so we could have a live-in doctor. I park next to the SUV, turning to give you a kiss before I hop out of the truck walking to the passenger's side-

Jodi
*takes a deep breath, my tension easing a bit seeing that Butch has already arrived, opening the door and taking your hand to slide out of the cab, lacing my fingers with yours and walking through the doors of the clinic, looking around nervously and pretending not to notice the open-mouthed stares we were getting from the staff and patients alike, smiling a little when Butch gets to his feet and steps to your flank, huddled groups of nurses parting for your menacing form like the Red Sea had parted for Moses. Clearing my throat, I stepped up to the little window at the nurse's station and rapped on the glass* We're...we're here to see Dr. Havers?

Vishous
-walking together in a tight formation to shield you from everyone else, even from the gasps and not so discreet whispering that was going on around us. We reach the front desk and the nurse turns to us with an annoyed look just to falter in whatever snappy comeback she had ready "I uh, yes of course" she looks around as if seeking help from someone else, Butch flashed her a relaxed grin while I look away to avoid glaring at her or worse as she pushed a stack of forms through the window... "If you could please fill out this form the doctor will be right with you"-

Jodi
*rolling my eyes I took the clipboard and sat down, starting to fill out the family..."lineage"? What the hell? I scanned the rest of the form, feeling smaller the further down the page I read. Christ, I was no vampire. I don't have a lineage. My family tree was full of soldiers, hillbillies and hard-headed women, not warriors or aristocracy. And as far as Vishous’s family... fuck. Half deity and half...whatever the fuck you wanted to call the Bloodletter. Either way, I was a little fish in a big fucking pond…and I was having a brother's young. I scrubbed a hand over my face glancing up at my male before turning back to the page. I was so screwed and so far out of my league here I wasn't even in the same ballpark. Doing my best to fill out the medical history, I signed the form, chuckling to myself as my script flowed across the bottom of the page. "Jodi, Shellan to Vishous son of the Bloodletter" Let Havers stick that up his high and mighty. Getting to my feet, I slid the clipboard across the counter, nodding to the nurse who assured me I'd be seen quickly and walked back to my seat, chin held high under the judgmental stares from the other patients*

Vishous
-Butch and I were holding our ground, two badass motherfuckers standing next to you with arms folded on our chest... I was staring straight ahead with a fuck off expression; anyone that dared to look my way was in for an icy glare... Butch was doing much the same but with a more pleasant grin, perhaps to earn the trust of the public... I chance a glance at you when you're filling out the paperwork, a smirk curling my lips at your signature... We didn't spend much time waiting when a more than flustered Havers walked in, stalling a little when he goes over his notes, he turns to look up at us and his game face was on, good... He’d better be nothing but professional-

Jodi
*Havers gave a curt nod. "This way, please." Without waiting to see if we followed, he turned and hurried down the long corridor, motioning into one of the exam rooms and looked anxiously up at you. "If you would ask your shellan to undress and put the gown on..."* His shellan can hear just fine, doctor. *smiles sweetly, not wanting to show how scared I am, stepping past the wall of males and into the room lined with equipment and monitors of various size and purpose, taking the drab gray gown off of the table and unfurling it, my nervousness fueling my bravado to more than the usual* Are the three of you going to watch? Because honestly, it won't bother me a bit.

Vishous
-Havers seemed at a loss with what to do, guess the fact that his sister had developed this kind of personality did nothing to ease his views of how a female should behave.. that made my grin wider- I think it's safe to say they can step outside and we'll let them know when you're ready, true -I gave Butch a sideways glance and he couldn't help but grin too, holding the door open for the good doctor "But of course, we'll be right here" perhaps that would give them a chance to bond... I snorted... fat-fucking chance-

Jodi       
*laughing in spite of myself, I watched the backs of the males while they stepped out the door, quickly shedding my jeans and panties, glancing up at you as my hands curl around the hem of the sweater* Are you going to watch me undress, too?

Vishous               
-crooked grin, my arms still crossed while I lean back against the wall- I see no reason why I shouldn't enjoy my favorite hobby, true -knowing I should stay away just in case my body decided to get any bright ideas-

Jodi       
*smiles innocently* Your choice, my warrior. *taking my sweet time, I wriggled out of the sweater, setting it on the chair in the corner and slipping the bra off of my shoulders, slingshotting it at you from across the room before covering myself in the god-awful gown and hopping up on the table, fingers nervously drumming on the innocuous gray vinyl* Okay, let's do this.

Vishous               
-I laugh and walk to hide the bra beneath your clothes, as I pass by I kiss you softly before I will the door open- Done, come on in -Butch again allowed the doctor to walk in first, damn he had a stick up his ass by the way he was walking in trying to avoid any and all contact with us "Would you mind stepping outside while I check your female, sire?"- Actually I would, we're both staying here -Butch standing guard close to me- this is new and I want to be here, true -he seemed to consider this for a moment before he nodded and turned to prep up-

Jodi       
*takes a deep breath, watching Havers wash his hands and snap on a pair of gloves, my gaze flicking from your diamond eyes to Butch's hazel ones and back again, the calming voice in my head now chanting... I will not die of embarrassment...I will not die of embarrassment... the color draining from my face as he turns back to face me, feeling a little better when I see his adam's apple bobbing as he swallowed hard... good, I wasn't the only one scared here. "Would you please lie back and put your feet up..." More an order than a question, I did what I was told, the gown riding up my legs as I settled onto the cushion, thanking every deity I could think of that the business end of the table was facing the far wall…besties or not, I didn’t want to get THAT up close and personal with O’Neal…flinching as Havers’s hands pushed the cloth further up and nudged my knees apart...oh, this was not going to go well*

Vishous
- a low growl fell from my lips at the totally unnecessary move, but before I could step any closer Butch places a hand on my shoulder and gives a gentle squeeze that said it all.. not that I could help, or wanted to prevent my bonding scent from filling the air in the small exam room... Havers tensed up a bit and let off on his asshole attitude before we really had a problem-

Jodi       
*eyes widening at the growl, your scent a heavy cloud saturating the room, I had just a split second before I sucked in a gasp at the cold gel-covered hands parting my thighs, realizing what the first part of the exam would be, my voice breaking a bit as I called to Butch* O'Neal, you might want to hold him…

Vishous               
-I planted my shitkickers on the floor and tried my damn best to stand my ground, but it was hard as hell to just watch another male touch my female.. I chanted, it's just an exam, it's necessary.. logic, V.. logic.. this was pushing my control to its limits but I had Butch close behind me with a hand still on my shoulder "Relax, Jodi, he can do this" saying it for both your benefit and mine.. Havers all the while doing his best not to show his anxiety under the circumstances-

Jodi       
*Havers fingers probed with all the intimacy of a bank transaction, manicured hand resting on my belly, pushing and circling the precious cargo within, wincing at the discomfort as he checked me over, his eyes averted as he pulled his hand back and slid off the gloves, tossing them in the bin at the end of the counter. "Everything seems normal...At least for as much as I know of human reproduction. When was your last monthly?" Is he serious? God... cursing under my breath, wondering if the humiliation of answering these questions with the three males in the room will kill me before the young has a chance to I rattle off the date. Havers' brows cranked down over his glasses. "I see... let's just see what we have then." Laying another drape over my legs, he pushed the gown up to expose the growing dome of my stomach, turning the dials on a machine resting on a nearby stand and adjusting the monitor towards Vishous, he pulled a small handheld paddle from its cradle and slathered it with a viscous gel, giving me little warning as he touched the transducer to my skin* Fuck, cold! *laughing nervously, I struggled to keep still as the wand moved*

Vishous               
-I wince when the good doctor keeps at it and I'm left fucking waiting for what else he decided it was proper for this examination/invasion to my female's body, my body prickled and my hands were balled into tight fists.. Butch took another step towards me, whispering "Relax, true. This is important" although by the way he said it, it was clear that he didn't really agree with the unnecessary rudeness of the doctor-

Jodi       
*trying to think of something...anything to ease my warrior, I looked over at the monitor, brows knitted as the wand moved downward and the screen... sparked? What the…? Havers frowned in confusion and adjusted his glasses, looking at the monitor as it blinked again and repositioned the wand. "Sire, if you'll look here.. " he cleared his throat trying to stay calm under the circumstances and circled an area of the screen with his fingertip, the tiny form barely visible but complete, newly forming limbs curled in apparent sleep "...that is your young."*

Vishous               
-when the machine started doing its weird shit my attention was partially diverted but... hell what was that.. My mind was going over anything I knew about this kind of stuff, umm maybe it was time to hit the books again... my thoughts interrupted when Havers spoke- Huh? -took me a moment to register, apparently this was the night my mind was being a snail and missing bits of information, a few blinks later I was next to Jodi taking her hand, smiling so fucking wide as I stared at the small screen.. my heart was suddenly taken over by the tiny young that was forming inside my female's belly- That's... amazing -Butch peeked over one side with a smile "Congratulations my man" he patted my back-

Jodi       
*my nerves quieted for a moment while I grabbed Vishous’s hand and stared at our young then back at you, the awkwardness of the exam forgotten as I pulled you down for a searing kiss* Fuck, I love you, Vishous. *my happiness cut short when Havers spoke again. "Sire, it appears to be normal though, I fear that it’s measuring larger than I would expect for this stage in your shellan’s pregnancy though given your genetic predisposition to size... " *his tone was edged with barely masked anxiety, looking at me and then down to your glove-covered hand, my eyes narrowed at him, voice sharp meeting his eyes* It? IT? *the air sizzled and he shrieked, falling back as a current shot up his arm, clapping my hand over my mouth in shock watching him stumble back against the wall*

Vishous               
-the moment of passion passed like a late night breeze, it was gone before we even had a chance to enjoy it and not only did Havers have to open his big mouth but he had to make a comment that had three of its current four occupants snarling at him.. thank fuck for Butch's hand wrapped around my arm or I would've... then it happened, everyone was stunned into silence as Havers awkwardly tried to  brush off the sudden attack by.. apparently.. an unknown force, another silent moment went by and I turned to look at the monitor, the young had changed its position slightly and the monitor blinked again- what the fuck? -I searched for the explanations that just were not there... and not even I could've predicted this.. although, the young of a demi-god? What could we expect…-

Jodi       
*Havers got to his feet and brushed off his coat, pushing his glasses back on his nose in a valiant attempt at looking unfazed by the jolt, standing aside as someone knocked softly at the door and a wide-eyed nurse came in with a tray of needles and vials, the doctor finally spoke again, his voice shaky. "I meant no offense. Helene will take blood samples and perhaps we'll know more about it...ah, the young. Sire, I wish a private word? In the hall perhaps."* You can wish whatever you like, doctor, but if it concerns our child, you can say it right here. *nodding as I look at Butch and to you* In front of all of us.

Vishous               
-the nurse disappeared as quickly as she’d entered sensing the tension in the room, none of us was going anywhere, I took Jodi's hand again and stared intently at the doctor, sure as hell that my eyes were like laser beams on the male.. our pissed off threesome waiting for him to get on with the program and out with it- We're not moving. Whatever you have to say, spit it the fuck out. -my booming tone resonated off the walls.. I had to give credit to the doctor, he reeked of fear but made no attempt to show it as he once again nodded and straightened out his glasses "As you wish, sire" the disapproval in his voice made it clear he did not agree but didn’t want to take responsibility for what might happen next-

Jodi       
*He shifted nervously, scrawling hurried notes on the chart. "The mortality rate among females in our species is high, as I'm sure you're aware." A shadow passed his face, eyes flashing with sadness behind the reflection of his lenses. "The young is a bit large for this stage of the pregnancy and there are several... " he struggled, trying desperately not to say the wrong thing as he stared at Vishous’s cursed hand. "...unknowns to this situation. It's difficult at best for female vampires to endure the stress on the body.  And your female is human." Thank you for noticing, doctor. *My attempt at humor was feeble at best, dread settling into my stomach. Havers nodded toward me. "Does she...feed..from you?" He shifted on his feet, clearly uncomfortable with what he was asking. "And do you feed from her, sire?"*

Vishous               
-this conversation was not one that I wanted to have with him, the intimacy that happened between a bonded couple was not something to divulge, especially not to this nosey sonofabitch.. I had a good mind to bite his head off with a ~None of your damn biz, feel me?~ but I knew I had to say something, anything to avoid voicing the ‘unknown factors’ that the good doctor would NOT be clued in on- Yes on both accounts, her feeding has been fairly recent and I doubt it's been a great amount -facts, nothing else nothing more- What does that have to do with my young?

Jodi       
*with another small nod, he went on matter-of-factly. "I am concerned with the prevalence of anemia in human females during gestation. I'll know more with the results of the blood tests but I think you should refrain from feeding from your shellan. However, there are published reports indicating that a female's cravings during pregnancy may be the result of the body's deficiency in essential nutrients. In short, her blood is precious if you wish to give your young a chance at being born. However, should she feel... the need. Feed her. It may be necessary to sustain the development of the young." I couldn't help but groan. Fucking perfect. My hellren just became a feeding station and I couldn't even return the favor meaning his already ill-accepted visits from a Chosen would be all the more frequent* Uh, doctor, don't I get a vote here?

Vishous               
-every bit of information was fed like it was really nothing and no one would think anything of it.. well I did and it bothered me but he had a point and I had been thinking of stopping the feedings for a while, good in theory but when it came to the practice... your voice broke my concentration and I looked at you with a smile on my face- It's not about a vote, leelan. He has a point, true? -no one liked it but it was what it was and you came first... no matter what-

Jodi       
Fucking hell. *my face fell. The reality of the biological differences was spelled out on Butch's face as well as yours. Well, I was damned if I was coming out of this empty-handed* Dr. Havers? Could you print the picture from the monitor? I'd like to keep it.

Vishous               
-Havers looked at you for a moment before he nodded "Of course" he moved quickly back to the machine, I turned to look back at you while he fumbled around.. he couldn't get out of here fast enough.. everyone in the room was deep in thought after the "informative" session, my mind reeling with the looming uncertainties that danced around the situation, my young, my shellan-

Jodi       
*determined to change the mood in the room I hopped off the table and untied the gown, back turned to the three males with a smirk, looking over my shoulder and letting it slip off my arms* You have to the count of 1 to snap out of this funk or you are all going to get an eyeful of pregnant lady, got it?

Vishous               
-that earned a chuckle from Butch who raised his hands and started backing out of the room, with Havers in tug, I just... what else could I do but grin as I look at the female I loved being her smartass self- Guess that cleared the room -the door closed leaving us both in the confines the small exam suite-

Jodi       
It's a gift. *grins and lets the gown fall to the floor, kicking it aside and picking up the grainy printed image of our young, stepping over to you and pressing the paper to your chest before standing on my toes to kiss you gently* Congratulations, daddy. The baby's first portrait.

Vishous               
-another soft chaste kiss before I lean my forehead against yours- Congratulations mahmen -crooked grin- that's our young, leelan -still a little skeptical that this could happen to me, someone whose life had held no meaning... now? Now I seemed to have it all-

Jodi       
*smiles brightly, wrapping my arms around your neck* And don't worry about the good doctor's evaluation. *chuckles* If men knew anything about having babies, you'd be the ones doing it, right? I'm going to be fine.

Vishous               
-there it was, I was waiting for it.. for you to make me feel better about what was just said... I was scared out of my fucking mind but what else was I to do? Nothing, stand by you no matter what- I know, you have to be, true -kisses your forehead- now get dressed so the nurse doesn't walk in and you're like this -crooked grin, although the shock would be fun to watch-

Jodi       
*arches a brow, my lips quirking into an impish grin as I pull you back toward the exam table* Like what, exactly, Vishous? I'm sure being medically trained, they know exactly how I got into this condition. It shouldn't be surprising. *my hands slip into the front of your leathers as my ass hits the cold vinyl cushion on the table* Besides, he didn't say no strenuous activity, now did he?

Vishous               
-my mind and body at war with what they wanted and what was right, I growled at you as I used my hands for leverage- Leelan -my tone warning you- she'll be here in a moment and we don't need the good doctor to be hating on us more than he already does, true? -poor excuse but damn, something had to be said before we lost control-

Jodi       
*my lips draw into a seductive pout, fingers playing at the fly of your leathers* Are you sure, nallum?

Vishous               
-my abs tensed at the soft teasing touch, my cock twitched... No I'm not fucking sure but... wait.. what was the excuse I had? Oh right.. Havers and the nurses, now I just had to sound convincing enough when I said yes- I don't know -right, nice going man.. I pulled back slightly to look into your eyes- shellan mine, you're a walking sin and we won’t be welcomed back -not that it was much but it was all I had-

Jodi
Fine, I’ll be good…for now. *my smile full of promise, I shimmied into the jeans and buttoned them, followed by the sweater and my shoes, gathering the discarded bra and panties and tucking them into the front of your leathers* Something to think about on the ride home, hellren mine. *grins and pats your cheek, opening the exam room door*

Vishous               
-fangy smirk, the promise was a thick presence in the air around us and even though I had patrol tonight we would make it work- Well thanks -I scowl playfully at you, the nurse returned looking a bit wary as she peeked her head in while I'm putting away your bra and panties "Excuse me, but I need to take some blood?" she signaled towards a chair "if you don't mind"-

Jodi       
Of course. *laughs softly and plops down in the chair, pushing the thick sleeve of the sweater up and lifting my palm while she looped a length of rubber tubing around my arm and cinched it tight, checking over the inside of my elbow for an acceptable vein and fixing a needle to the end of one of the vials, her motions quick as she slid it under my skin, doing her best to make idle chatter as she worked*

Vishous               
-I had to admire the nurse’s work, she was precise with every move she made.. Maybe she should become a doctor, that way we won't have to depend on Havers. I shook my head with a small grin on my face as the nurse finished up "Thank you, we’ll contact you with the results." She deftly tucked a bit of cotton against your elbow and taped it into place with a warm smile, packing the vials onto the tray and as gracefully as possible she left- See what could've happened? -smirks-

Jodi       
Yes, she would have gotten a crash course on the ins and outs of reproduction. *smiles sweetly, getting to my feet and pulling my sleeve back down, stowing the ultrasound picture in my pocket and reaching out for your hand* Take me home, hellren mine. I believe I have a promise to keep.

Vishous               
-laughs- Of course you would look at it that way -shaking my head in disbelief- only you, shellan mine -I grab your hand to guide you out of the exam room- true, let's go -I walked out of there with you in tow, Butch pushed off the wall and walked after us so we could finally escape this sterile nightmare-

Jodi       
One of us has to be the fun one, nallum. *smiles, hooking my arm around Butch's and all but skipping down the corridor... Havers’s words about mortality rates and stress weren't even on my radar...our young was healthy so far and I had you. Anything else was irrelevant as we passed through the waiting room and out into the chilly night, crossing to the parking lot toward the truck*

Vishous               
Right -I shook my head as I watched you smiling all the way back to your truck, Butch had a grin that he had no intention in hiding as we walked through the parking lot. I was obviously the only hardass... I smirked at my own assumption.. "I'll meet you back at the mansion, true? Remember there's a meeting with Wrath before we head out"- How could I forget? -he leaned down and kissed your cheek "See you later, darling" he walked back to the Escalade while we made it to your truck, I opened the passenger door for you- In you go mahmen

Jodi
*I stepped up into the truck and settled into the rich leather, staring absently out the window as you slide behind the wheel and start the engine, throwing it into gear and guiding us back out onto the winding blacktop. The ride was home oppressively silent as we were both lost in thought, contemplating what had transpired…thumb stroking over the glossy curled paper bearing the grainy image of our young, my mind replaying over and over again the static charge and the look of disbelief on Havers’s face as he found himself on the floor across the room…fuck… so many questions to be answered*

Vishous
-The whole visit was just beyond mind boggling, first were the looks we received when we strolled inside the private clinic. It was not that we cared but had made everyone uncomfortable. After almost outstanding behavior from both you and I, we had our encounter with the good Doctor, him as his snotty ass of course had to fuck us over with his disapproving gaze. Not only was he overseeing something that never happened before but he also experienced a shock that came from my leelan's womb. Which brought a bunch of other questions, what the hell was that? And why did it hurt Havers but not Jodi? Would it affect the pregnancy? I sighed and lifted your hand to my lips, kissing the back of your hand as I take us back to our home-

Jodi
*Turning to look at you with a soft smile, I laced our fingers suddenly needing the reassurance of your touch as your lips brushed over my skin, my eyes dropping to the picture I held as we pulled into the compound and wound along the drive to the pit… the little gatehouse that had become my home and would soon be home to our family. There was so much uncertainty and time was running out, the clock ticking toward an unknown D-Day when you’d be taken out of our lives forever and I’d be left to care for our child while you made dozens more. The thought sickened me, my spine rippling with a chill that had nothing to do with the cold night I climbed out of the cab and hurried to the front door of the pit, trying to outrun a feeling that had persisted since that night in the forge… Somewhere in the shadows that lingered on the periphery of the iron lampposts lining the driveway, the Scribe Virgin was watching me.*

Vishous
-Climbing out of the truck’s cab, the prickling on the back of my neck made me go from worried to wired in a matter of seconds, I wasn't entirely sure what it meant but I knew was off, quickly scanning the grounds surrounding the drive before catching up to you. To say I hated the silence between us was a fucking understatement so I took your hand- Leelan? -My diamond eyes falling on your smaller frame, slender curves now rounded giving form to what you’d become.... a mahmen-

Jodi
*Looks over my shoulder at the sound of your voice, a protective hand dropped to my belly. Anxious to get into the house and away from the weighty feeling of being watched I pushed open the door to the pit and stepped over the threshold, taking my first real breath since leaving the comfort of my truck as you followed me inside, closing the night behind the heavy oak door* Yes, nallum?

Vishous
-I stepped inside after you closing the distance between us to pull you into my arms- I love you, true -I looked down into your eyes to make sure you saw the truth in my eyes and that nothing would keep us apart-

Jodi
*meeting your piercing diamond gaze, I huddle into your powerful embrace, forcing a smile at the conviction behind your words* I love you too, hellren mine. *reaches up to stroke your jaw with my knuckles, fingers travelling over the lines of your face as if trying to commit them to memory… a precious moment tucked away to be looked on later when you were… no, I couldn’t think that…not yet…* I’m sorry, I suppose I’m just a bit tired. *chuckles weakly* Making a person is exhausting.

Vishous
-I knew all too well the walls that you were holding up to protect both you and me. Most of all it was for my benefit but there really was nothing to do until I took care of the problem and solved it all for us and I knew what that meant. It was time to go to Mommy Dearest and blow some shit up, take hostages if fucking necessary- Maybe it's the young taking too much from his mahmen -running the back of my hand over your cheek in a tender caress- let's go to bed, true

Jodi
*nods, grateful for a well-timed yawn though sleep was the furthest thing from my mind. Taking your hand in mine, I lead the way down the hall to our mated room, stripping out of my clothes and climbing onto the high bed, slipping wordlessly under the duvet* Come on, V. Your shellan would appreciate being held, true. *my lips quirk into a half-hearted smile, needing to do something to disperse the gathering cloud of impending doom that seemed to be hovering over us*

Vishous
-I followed after you, stripping naked and crawling into the bed. A moment shared with you was what I needed. The visit to the other side would just have to wait. Slipping under the duvet and settling into the thick pillows, I pulled you into a protective embrace- Always in for some quality time with my shellan, true -kissing the top of your head softly-

Jodi
*Tucks my head under your chin, fingertips ghosting absently over your chest, taking a calming breath before asking the $64, 000 question* What now, nallum?

Vishous
-I knew this was just so much more than just wondering what to do at the moment, it was about us, our future. I couldn't say I wasn't scared as hell but this was about us- Now you spend time with your hellren

Jodi
Gladly, Vishous *There was no pushing for a plan, not tonight. I pull the blanket over us, the mattress bouncing under Sox's weight as he lands on the bed with a giant leap and scratches at the duvet cover before curling at our feet. Closing my eyes, I listened to the thud of your heartbeat, soothing myself with vivid pictures of what our young might look like, the night stretched on in silence, the fantasies calming me enough to let me slip into a fitful sleep in your arms*

Vishous
-With you nestled against my side the seconds turn into minutes and that into hours. My hand tracing soft figures over your skin as if trying to soothe you as you sleep. It was settled I just had to get out of here and go talk to the bitch. Slowly, I untangled myself from you and watched as Sox turns to look at me as if complaining that I was leaving you two. I whisper- I'll be back, furbag, just take care of Jodi, true -as if he understood he moved up the bed and curled up next to you. Then I made quick work of getting dressed, weapons included, I had no idea what the fuck I could expect but if I was going down I was not going down easy or quietly. As I leave the closet I walked back in to kiss your forehead and brush your hair aside, whispering- I'll come back to you, shellan mine -then with one last longing look I walked out of the room quietly to talk to the cop before I leave... had to prepare someone for what might or might not be-

No comments:

Post a Comment