Monday, June 25, 2012

Strange Bedfellows


Ione

[The doggen cowered back as I my fist came down on my father’s desk, the rush of air sending papers scattering like leaves on a breeze. My growl echoes in the expansive study, sending the meeker ones scrambling out the heavy oak door. Contracts and blueprints, permits and designers.  Money and time spent in infuriating limbo in the sterile office belonging to Havers at the clinic and not a sign of Vishous. My temper flared and my hand shot across the desk, sending a crystal decanter flying into the far wall and exploding like a gunshot. Useless. Wasted. Perhaps this was not the way to the warrior that plagued my thoughts. But, I would find one.]

Zypher

-Stepping from the void of nothingness as both bastards materialized at the end of the drive, Zypher looked to the home of Ione. and nodded as he felt more than heard Throe materialize behind him- this is it...this is where Vishous brought the little princess...this is where she threw herself at his head. -He did not stop the nasty smirk- Throe

Throe

Materializing next to Zypher on the cobbled drive he was feeling wary at being in this neighborhood. Once, very long ago all this finery had been common place. Manicured lawns, spectacular architecture.. now it was just whitewash over the corruption that lie just beneath the surface. The aristocracy gave him hives.-

Zypher

-Sensing Throe's apprehension, he said nothing as he headed boldly down the drive, not bothering to conceal their presence. If this worked there would be no need to hide, the Band of Bastards would have an open alliance with the Glymera and thus..could take the throne. -Glancing over his shoulder briefly before he raised his fist to knock, he mumbled under his breath- smile ya bastard..these are your people. -He grinned as he knocked, knowing that would get a rise out of his fellow soldier- 

Throe

-Following behind as it appeared the direct approach was Zypher's way of making contact. Shaking his head, at the arrogance of his comrade knowing they were so not going to be welcomed was visiting royalty, more like common vagrants which they more closely resembled in their fighting gear. Standing tall regardless and willing to let Zypher make his play in his own way, unless things went south.- 

Ione

[railing until my frustration is spent, I screech at a brave doggen that had withstood the onslaught of my fury, pointing to the pool of shards on the floor] Clean that up and bring me another decanter. With a glass. [Watching him slink away to do as I’d bade, I hear the sharp rap from the entry, followed by the ratlike scurry of a doggen toward the door. “The mistress is indisposed….I understand but… yes, yes of course. Friends of the departed Master Donall are indeed welcomed here…” I rolled my eyes and smoothed the stray locks that had come free from their pins during my rampage, taking a seat in the oversized leather chair. “Mistress Ione? Two gentlemales have arrived, bearing condolences at your father’s loss.” Oh, for…] Send them in.


Zypher

-It had been easy enough to convince the doggen, now for the real test as he followed the stiffed back smaller male, his weapons clinking as the bastards were led to a finely appointed sitting room. He smiled as his eyes washed over the female form sitting in the gigantic chair. Dropping to one knee in her presence, he bowed his head in the manner of the old ways and spoke gently- Princess.. you are most kind to grant my companion and myself audience, we are grieved at your loss. -He waited for Throe to make his own condolences sure that his partners Glymera past would serve him well-

Throe

-Unwilling to kneel even before the Princeps daughter, he settled for bowing low and standing again to catch her eye- It has been too long since we have spoken. That fault is mine. I am sorry for the loss of your Father. You know that I held him in high esteem.

Ione

[Lavender eyes flare wide at the male I’d not seen in more than a century. Quickly composing myself to incline my head in acknowledgement to Zypher] Your words are a kindness most appreciated. [Turns to Throe] And he you, Throe. It has been far too long indeed. [The pleasantries flowed as if choreographed, the Glymera formalities now rote to me in all their tedium, though Donall had spoken highly of the male, even musing with arranging a mating between us.] He is most fondly remembered. To what do I owe your visit?

Throe

I have only just recently returned to Caldwell from abroad and have been trying to re-establish old ties. My friend here -gestures to Zypher- was witnessed to an incident the other eve, stepping in to secure your safety. We merely wanted to make sure that you were indeed well.

Zypher

-Rising to speak, almost interrupting Throe, he nodded- I was witness to the Brother returning you M'lady..I must know. Did he hurt you? -He let his eyes rise slowly from her toes to her face, knowing this princess was no real Lady-

Ione

[Eyes flaring almost imperceptibly, I relax back into the rich leather upholstery and steeple my fingers on the blotter.] Your concern is admirable but I am quite well, rest assured. The Brother and I are known to each other. Though, I fear that cannot be all that has brought you to my door after so many years.

Throe

My Lady, - he shifts slightly at the need to continue the proper charade- I have decided to make Caldwell my home. It is important to me that those I once counted among my friends know of my return. I am at your disposal should you ever need anything of me. -bows low once again.-

Ione

While the sentiment is appreciated, Throe, I’m afraid there is little you could assist me with that my father’s estate has not afforded me. [casts a glance at Zypher] Unless perhaps… What know you of the brother Vishous? He attended the Bloodletter’s camp, did he not?

Zypher

-He grinned, knowing for sure now that he was correct in his assumption. She wanted Vishous. Nodding, he answered with a smoldering stare-Yes..he served with us...and If I may speak frank M'lady, you are taken with him..I think something can be arranged between my brethren and myself...the ones who serve Xcor. Name it M'lady..and we will make it so.

Ione

[Choosing my words carefully as Throe had long been deemed an honorable male, I continued, my eyes fixed on Zypher, the hardness of his eyes telling that his motives were not quite so moral as those of his companion.] The wealth my father’s passing into the Fade bestowed upon me is vast and I wish to leave this cesspool of a city. I would return to the Old Country but, I will not do so without Vishous at my side. I would have him as my own. Though he has… refused me. [balking at the words, still amazed that I  had been rebuffed so vehemently] If I cannot have him as a mate, I would take him back as my blood slave though, his strength of will and form is tremendous and even more so his devotion to his shellan. I cannot do it alone. Name your price for such a service and it shall be yours.

Throe

-He quickly stepped forward before Zypher could open his mouth.- Princess I am sure that we could deliver to you the one that you seek. We hold no love for the Brotherhood, they have degenerated into nothing more than thugs, ruling over all. As a price we would only name -glancing quickly to Zypher- that we be allowed to question Vishous before you left for the old country. He would have knowledge that would prove very helpful to us.

Zypher

-He scowled at Throe for speaking before he could, unable to resist a chance to get between Ione's thighs- It can be done, M'lady. But surely a female of worth such as yourself would not wish to be rutted by Vishous. His perversions are legendary. I, on the other hand... -he stepped to the desk, leaning close enough that his breath washed over the ample swell of her breasts peeking over the bodice of her gown- I would offer you pleasures beyond anything you could imagine.

Throe



-As Zypher moved to pass he tried to block him without being too obvious. Damn! We had been handed a golden opportunity to strike at the very heart of Wrath and his ilk, and the ass was going to jeopardize it for a shot at fucking royalty.- 

Ione

[Raising a thinly arched brow, I regarded the male as he stared lecherously down the front of my gown, lust coming off him so thickly I could nearly taste it. The idea had merit but a standard tumble in the sheets was far below what I was after.] While you're offer is appreciated, I fear you underestimate the span of my imagination. I will have the brother Vishous and only he. [Turns to level lavender eyes at Throe.] You may keep him for your interrogations but, he is to be given back to me physically intact and prepared for my use. You will help me arrange transport so as not to alert the brotherhood of our destination. [my eyes lock with his] Do we have an agreement? 

Throe

-The depth of her desire for Vishous clear by the quick shut down for Zypher's advances. He took some satisfaction to what he knew Zypher would consider personal failure on his part. Clearing his throat to be sure he had the attention of all he bowed at the waste and began to accept on behalf of his leahdyre- It will...

Zypher

-He was undeterred by her resistance, his vast experience telling him that no all too often meant yes when it came to females and this one carried a scent of desire such that he'd never sensed. His leathers grew tight at the idea of bedding a female of the Glymera and this one would prove one hell of a ride, he was sure. He stopped Throe with a warning look and edged as close as the desk would allow, tongue running slowly over his lower lip.- And I fear that you underestimate my immeasurable talents... Ione. -He leveled his eyes to hers.- There is little that I have not known in my years. Or in my bed. 

Ione

[Pushing my chair back from the desk, I got to my feet, bracing my palms on the leather blotter and leaning in toward the male, boldly granting him view of my assets.] A bed, truly? From your demeanor, I was certain a floor would be the height of your accommodations. I will give you Vishous. And when he has served your purpose, you will groom him to serve mine. 

Throe

I speak for Xcor when I vow that we will bring your Vishous as you request, unharmed and ready for you. I will be in contact with you very soon. -Giving Zypher a slight shove toward the door, he hoped the bastard could control the hatred rolling from him like waves, at least until they’d dematted the area. He had no doubt that a fight was coming his way, and the prospect made the victory that was this night all the sweeter.-

Ione

[Watching the pair leave through the over-sized window of the study until they dematerialized from view, I sat back down into the chair, the supple leather creaking softly under my weight, my mind already formulating how I would obtain Vishous for the Bloodletter’s soldiers. It would have to be done quickly and quietly but that was of little concern to me now, my pulse racing at the prospect of finally having the warrior within my grasp. With the help of Throe and Zypher, it would be done. And the brother Vishous would be mine.]


No comments:

Post a Comment