Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Burden of Payne


-1729, The year mine existence changed for an eternity- [For as long as I could recall the Sanctuary's seeing-pool had called unto me, and silently as any other Chosen I would watch over the only thing that warmed mine cold and bitter heart. Vishous. Mine blooded brother, my twin. From young unto fully developed male. I'd watched him grow, wishing I could share a life with him, away from both our unwitting circumstances. Together. We had shared the womb of our vampiric race's bitch of a mother, the Scribe Virgin. Our Mahmen. The term was not an endearment within my thoughts, but a curse spat upon the being who'd birthed us into this terrible existence. 

I felt Vishous' pain this night more acutely than ever before, and over the last two decades I had witnessed many atrocities within the BloodLetter's camp. Or more accurately, our sire's camp. The sadistic male showed no favor upon his only son, instead made a marked lesson of him to all within his savage troupe. Vishous. Verily, I could not help but wonder anew if the nomenclature of his birthed syllables were a reflection of the vicious actions wrought upon his being, and not an indication of the male he would some day grow into. 

My fists found a tight grip upon the edge of the seeing-pool, unable to look away from the horrific events unfolding therein. Thus far our sire had seen to the defiling of Vishous and, as if that was not enough for his perverse nature to visit upon mine brother, he had Vishous' skin permanently marked to warn others of his supposed evil ways. Once these acts were complete I hoped, prayed to the fates, that the Bloodletter was finished. The appearance of a filth covered tool gave answer. I wept openly as Vishous was held down and the device was clamped into place; fore his screams of agony became near unbearable to stomach. Oh fates, his screams, how mine ears wanted to bleed from them.

When Vishous' skin burst with a light so bright as to be blinding the luminance melted away the metal viced on his flesh and incinerated his captors within a blink. This last caused an growl to rumble up from inside my chest, approving of his swift vengeance. I watched mine beloved twin drag his large frame from the Bloodletter's camp, his blooded and thrashed skin becoming embedded with shards of sodium rich soil. And in that moment a vow formed in my thoughts. No matter how long it took, I would find our blooded sire and snuff him from existence. He would receive no mercy…. ]

-Present- [Memories shifted within my mind while my white robed form hung in suspended animation, hidden within the Scribe Virgin's Sanctuary. They were reminders of why I was in this current state and whom was responsible. One debt had been paid. Verily, the bastard Bloodletter was dead, his blood on mine own hands. And though it had taken nigh onto 30 years to hunt down the male harming mine brother, Vishous, I -had- found a way to escape this side and destroyed him. Verily the memories of that time were aught that kept me sane in this never-ending stillness forced upon my being…. ] 

-1761, the Old Country- The hunt for my sire, and the smaller band of soldiers he now preferred, was over. I had escaped Sanctuary and would taste vengeance this night. My blood teamed with adrenaline, ready to be release at the slightest mental command. Materializing outside a small village I saw the Bloodletter and his small horde battle a group of Lessers, the spawn of the Omega. None gave no care to the human habitants, slaughtering without hesitation. The Bloodletter, on his massive stead, galloped after a terrified human female. Leaning to the side he snatched her up with ease and viciously clamped fangs unto her neck despite her frantic struggles. 

Braced for battle I willed molecules to scatter upon the wind and reform within his horse's path. The male did not slow, but I could tell when he noticed my presence, fore he tossed the human like a piece of unfinished meat. With the ease of a practiced fighter my body lowered into an attack stance and when the Bloodletter drew near I vaulted onto the back of his horse, wrapping both arm around his waist and launching us clear to the side with a swiftness that belied my sex. The big male attempted to go for his blade but it was too late. The hatred I'd nursed inside burst out in the form of a battle cry fierce enough to cause the strongest warriors to take pause. I whispered one word.]  Vishous. 

[While the Bloodletter's grizzled face showed confusion my body began to glow with an unearthly inner fire. And, as Vishous' had done that night he'd been brutalized, my touch set our sire aflame almost instantly. I leapt off, but stood close enough to feel the heat, needing to witness his screams and his failed attempts to put out the fire until he lay still in death, leathery corpse burning. Pure satisfaction. My lips curved into a cruel smile and I looked up and into the half shadowed countenance of one of his band. Though He said nothing I could feel his need to strike out mingling with a healthy fear of being burned alive. Before he could do more I willed myself to dematerialize, slowly dissolving into molecules until disappeared…. ]

-Present- [At that moment I became aware of my surroundings and though mine eyes were closed I felt her presence surely as if she had placed hand upon mine skin. The Scribe Virgin. Rage, like that I had for the Bloodletter, rose to the surface. Verily, this bitch had left me to rot herein and I was ready to put her down as I had mine own sire. She did not speak but after a few moments passed I felt a warm rush of molecules wash over mine skin, causing a tingling sensation. As soon as I found I was able I opened diamond colored eyes, so like my twin Vishous's and latched upon our madmen.] "Daughter." [I replied with equal ease and forthrightness.] Fuck you.

No comments:

Post a Comment