Sunday, October 7, 2012

Powder Keg



Vishous:


-Time was ticking, I knew what was doing around me and what it meant the longer I waited for an opportunity to escape. The seconds turned into minutes and minutes into hours, my strength was slowly draining out which meant I had one good shot at hauling ass from this place with minimum use of my strength… and it all came down to just the right time. Saving what was left of my energy to pull a trick from George’s hand playing dead for the assholes in the room. “… he’s out cold…” “Ye’d better be sure, Throe.” “Just move your arse before he does come to.” “I need to be able to mark his wrists. Take that… off his hand.” “Not until he’s locked back down…” the voices fade in and out…two I’d come to know well joined by a third new voice, hanging in my iron prison, diamond eyes darting behind closed lids as I strained to listen to the movement around me, stretched limbs screaming at being freed after so long when I feel the first of the bands holding my arms open with a clang, my hand dropping like a lead weight, jarring my shoulder until I had to swallow back a yelp of pain that would have given me away. My whole escape plan depended on the seconds when I would be freed from the cage and moved for the vermin that Ione had hired to brand me with slave bands. Gametime. My head rolling on my shoulders, I went limp when the second band sprang open and the two bastards lifted me out, feet dragging loosely over the dusty floor to the makeshift table, letting them hoist me onto its surface, falling back with a heavy thud. My stellar performance earning me the distance I needed from the males that have grown to make a sport out of bleeding me almost to death. There was movement to the side of the table… counting the footsteps…the clock of Throe and Zypher’s boots circling me, straining to hear the softer steps to my right, punctuated by the hushed tear of paper and the metallic clink of needles. “I think it’s safe.” The voice of the tattoo artist shook, in spite of his words. “He might look like a side of beef now, Cael but, don’t ever fucking assume you’re safe with this one. Unconscious or no, he’s still the Bloodletter’s son.” That’s right, assholes… and you’re going to see how much like him I really am. There was more than one reason for me to survive this shit, not only do I have my brothers but now… fucking father of two youngs and mated to the strongest and sexiest female I have ever known. Once again thanking my shitty past for giving me the self-control required to live through this and much more with a minimum movement and emotion. Fueled by the image of my female and our son, I’d held on this long, conserving my waning strength for this one moment… feeling my arms moved into place, picturing the juxtaposition of the table and its own iron bands… crucified… seems to be the fate of the young of deities, tamping down on the bitter laugh rising, I snapped to focus when cold iron closed over my forearm, securing one and then the other, an eternity passing while the males argued over who would free my cursed hand for the artist’s needle. “Just do it, for chrissake. And make it fast.” With a loud exhale, the lucky contestant stepped around, keys jingling and sliding into the lock that held the lead ball closed, the click of the tumblers and then the weight was gone, listening to the retreating steps. That’s it… back up… peering through slitted lids, to watch the males through blood-crusted lashes, ignoring the pain in my weakened arm as I pulled back, millimeter by millimeter, snagging the cuff of my glove on the band and beginning to work it down my palm, trying to peel the leather back from my skin. It was now or never.-



Jodi:
*I had no idea what I was going to do when I found Vishous. I hadn’t thought that far ahead after hearing Butch on the phone. It had been almost two months since my hellren had been taken from me and with a newfound hope of him coming home, I wasn’t willing to wait even another second. Weak with sickness and exhausted to a level that should have left me comatose, my eyes blurred against the setting sun while I guided my truck through the narrow alleys between the warehouses. Looking for something…anything that might tell me where he was, anxious eyes glancing over to where one of V’s Glocks lay on the passenger seat, my hand resting on the gentle rounding of my belly as I pull off the pot-holed road well back from the cluster of buildings and stopping the engine, nervously eyeing the rusting facades of the warehouses, my fingers reach over, curling around the grip of the Glock and dragging it into my lap, shoving it into the back of my jeans as I climbed out of the cab and shut the door as quietly as I could, adrenaline firing my heart into a staccato drum beat in my chest as I closed the distance, the last dying rays of the sun sinking beneath the roofline, my pace slowing at the sight of a form appearing at the entrance to one of the buildings. Ducking around the corner, my eyes widened and narrowed when I recognized the female I’d seen so often at Havers’ clinic, her hand lifting to pound on the heavy steel door, stepping out from my hiding place, I stalked toward her, reaching into the back of my waistband to touch the grip of the gun tucked there.* You. I know you…

Ione
[lavender eyes glint with amusement, turning toward the female’s voice with a fanged smirk] And I know you, human. Might I be so bold as to say, you look like something that crawled from the pits of Dhunnd. [looking the female over, the sight of her pitifully wasted form filling me with a satisfaction so warm that I had to bite back a purr until my gaze dropped to swell of her stomach, accentuated by her withering body and covered by an oversized shirt, a spike of jealousy cutting short my joviality] I wonder if Vishous would even recognize you now? [licks the tip of a tiny fang and takes a step closer, my skirts rustling stiffly] I think not. It is of no matter. He has long forgotten you. [casting a disgusted glance downward] You and the creature in your womb are no longer any concern of his. Nor is he yours. [gripping her bicep, my nails sink cruelly into her pallid skin, raising my arm and the back of my palm across her face, rocking her head back as the door opens with a metallic creak] Vishous. Is. Mine.
Zypher:
-Expecting to find the Princess at the door, a smirk spread over his lips at the sight of both females. What a fantastic little surprise. The go'damn Shellan to Vishous. This should make easy work of the torture now.- Good work Princess..never took you for the physical type..that gets me harder than you'll ev.. -His words were cut short by the butt of the gun being shoved into his gut, apparently having been taken off the human. Taking the Glock, he sneered as he tucked it into the back of his trousers before half carrying the human female into the werehouse. He could not help but notice her all but emaciated form hidden beneath the large clothing and the swell of her belly. Well well..interesting that the young mother would starve herself and endanger her young over the loss of her hellren. It suddenly hit him that perhaps the young needed more than just food...blood. The blood of a male vampire. Interesting indeed.-

Butch:
Stupid, goddamned, thick-headed… -muttering every curse I can think of under my breath, I stalk into my room and spin the dial on the lock to my weapons safe and yanking it open, checking my cartridges and sliding my daggers into their holsters, slamming the closet doors shut behind me. “Do you really think she went after him?” Marissa’s voice was shaky with fear as she cradled Sahvage against her, more for her comfort than for his, I decided as I cocked a brow at her, my jaw tight.- If it was me, would you stay put? Ah, Christ… you know Jodi. I swear that female’s middle name is stubborn. So yeah, I think she went off half-cocked to get our boy back and she’s gonna’ get herself killed. – I dragged a hand through my hair and looked to my shellan. “There are dozens of building down there, Butch. Dozens. And you don’t know who is holding Vishous. How will you find him?” Shaking my head, I tugged at the cross hanging around my neck, a nervous habit, I knew, and one I’d noticed that Jodi had picked up after V had given her that pendant. My head snapped up.- The pendant. Fuck! –All but running down the hallway to V’s office and crashing through the door, dropping heavily into the leather desk chair and awkwardly clicking files to open the tracking program on her necklace, watching the map pinpoint, dropping through views and blinking in a glaring red dot over one of the warehouses- Got her! –fishing my Razr from my pocket I dialed Rhage who’d dematted the instant Wrath had filled him in on the sitch, the brother’s voice strained with tension as he answered “Butch, man, Z and I  haven’t found a fucking thi…” I cut him off before he could even get the sentence out.- 313 Industry. She’s inside Unit C. I’ll meet you down there. –snapping the phone shut, I stood and crossed to where Marissa stood in the doorway with Vishous’s young bundled into her arms, pulling her in for a rough kiss.- I’ll be back soon. And I’ll have them with me. –stroking my twisted pinky over Sahv’s cheek, I hauled ass outside and jumped into the Escalade, gunning the engine, the tires squealing as I peeled down the drive, muttering a prayer under my breath- Fuck, you two better be alive…

Throe:
-Running one of his sturdy blades against the sharpening stone Throe thought again what a waste of time this whole operation had proven to be. He’d come to realize long ago that their caged rat wasn’t going to provide entail worth the efforts they’d all been expending and he took no entertainment in playing games with the captive brother. Still, Throe knew better than to press the point with Xcor or to voice his vexation with Zypher’s obvious enjoyment with the sitch. His sorry life still held value to him afterall and Ione would be assuming possession of their plaything soon enough. The point that caused Throe’s nasty disposition and bristling temper was the missed opportunity… the fucking WASTE. Waste that they hadn’t been allowed to use Vishous to send one unforgettable message to Wrath and his ilk. Even with Xcor’s ban on damaging Ione’s new toy; Throe was positive that cutting off V’s cursed hand and sending it to Wrath, after the princess left for the old country with her prize, would send “just the right message”. Smirking as he worked with the age-old steel, he could just imagine their horror. Such a gift would cause a strike of lasting magnitude to the Brotherhoods smug attitude regarding their reign of power. Ione would even benefit in the long run, she’d be ensured more protection from harm for her and her entourage and a much more docile blood and sex toy to play with.-

 Vishous:
-keeping my breathing steady while diamond eyes shift to watch the trio move around the warehouse, Throe, seemingly satisfied with my apparent unconsciousness, had moved to the workbench to occupy himself with what sounded like the sharpening of his blade, my ears pricking at a pounding on the door. “Sounds like her majesty has arrived. I’ll go, keep yer eye on him.” Zypher got to his feet, stomping off toward the entrance, not that I gave a fuck what they were doing as long as they were doing it away from me, the glove shedding back from my hand damnably slowly but it WAS moving. Taking advantage of the lack of attention I was receiving at the moment, working through the adrenaline that almost willed me to work faster but knowing it was best to keep the slow pace, wary of drawing the eyes back on me from the male they’d called Cael, who was still busy with unpacking his equipment… come on you sonofa… then I stilled at the sound of others approaching. The all too familiar stench of decaying lily that heralded Ione’s presence wafted through the otherwise stale odors of the room. The scent wrapping me in a new cocoon of hatred was so overwhelming I almost missed another tang that manage to cut through the putrid fog, the snap reaction was impossible to push back… my eyes flaring wide on a growl, the pretense falling apart like a poorly stacked deck of cards, escape plans abandoned when I focus bleary eyes on the door, the dark scent of rich spices pouring from my skin to cloud the stale air… Jodi is here. Oh, fuck, the nightmare was made reality as Zypher carried or dragged my shellan towards me, her curves turned to willowy pallor around the subtle swell of her stomach beneath one of my shirts.  no. No.- NO! –bowing off of the table on a thunderous roar, I pulled at the bands around my arms, tearing skin along with the lead-lined leather in a frenzy to get my cursed hand bared… to get the fuck off of this godforsaken table and safe my female from dickhead’s grasp- You fuckers! Let her go!

Jodi:
*head lolling as I fight to focus, my vision blurred from the strike, I struggled against the arms clamped around me, kicking uselessly with my diminished strength to when the familiar scent of dark spice pierced through the fog of my pain, my eyes snapping wide and darting around in an instant* Vishous? Vishous! *moving with a renewed determination, my heels connecting with Zypher’s shins, torqueing wildly against the wall of muscle, head whipping around at the sound of a rumbled growl, my anguished shriek piercing the dank air when I find its source in the yellowed light, * Oh, Jesus…What have they done to you!?

Ione:
Nothing that couldn’t have been avoided if he’d been more… receptive to my invitation. Or to the inquiries of these gentlemales.  [nodding toward Zypher and Throe, ivory canines glinting on a grin, I ran my tongue the length of a fang while I looked over my prize, no less desirable for the condition he was in.] Cael! [calling sharply to the anxious looking male seated next to Vishous, his greasy blonde hair obscuring his eyes while he lay out his tools, neatly arranging the packages of sterilized needles and vials of ink, his eyes pinging around like that of a frightened animal to face me.] Time is a valuable commodity to me at present, so do hurry. However, I expect nothing less than the level of skill I have paid for. [my voice dropped, the words laced with a thinly veiled threat] I trust that I am understood? [he barely nodded and turned back to the makeshift table to resume his preparation.] 

Zypher:
-He too could smell the dark lofty scent of bonding in the air and the nasty grin spread as Vishous, suddenly full of life, tried his best to get up from the table- well well well, he was playing dead..he thinks he’s been playing Opossum? -Grabbing Jodi tightly and growling close to her ear as she kicked his shins, he hissed over her skin- easy sweetheart..I'm gonna give you what you're needin'...no kickin' now, or I might have to bite you back. -holding Jodi tightly with one arm, he slowly brought his free wrist to his mouth in order to score his skin but noticed one of V's daggers scatterd on the table in its sheath. Fitting.  She would drink from him and Vishous would have to watch as another male..a stronger male, saved his shellan and young from starvation- open wide beautiful..I'll give you more than you've ever had..an' you'll forget all about that half male who couldn't even protect you. -Glaring at the tattoo doctor, he sneered as he reached for the elaborate blade, drew it,  and held it at his wrist.- hold off on that artwork precious..I want him to have no distractions.

Butch:
-minutes passed like fucking years as the Escalade chewed asphalt between the compound and the warehouse, shitkicker stomping the gas pedal to the floorboards as if it would somehow push the engine harder, alternately muttering prayers and curses at my inability to demat like the brothers, tires letting out an earsplitting squeal and hugging the curb when I finally round the corner of Industrial, finally easing off the accelerator when I see Rhage and Z, the brothers standing out like leather pillars against the rusted aluminum siding of the warehouses, throwing it in park and jumping from the SUV and checking the clip in my piece- You two see anything? -Rhage spoke up first, his voice lowered and nearly masked by the stiff flap of his trench in the night breeze. “Nothing. No guards posted outside and Z found Jodi’s truck around the corner. Looks like this party is invitation only.” Z snarled behind him. “Bastards must have her inside, doing who knows fucking what.” His citrine eyes flashed black.- We can’t go busting in, it will get them both killed. We need eyes inside. I’ll take the back. Z, you and Hollywood hit the roof and see if there’s a way in there. And for Christ’s sake, watch your asses.

Throe:
-Expecting only the arrival of the princess and her lackey to brand the prisoner, Throe was surprised to see Zypher return hauling along a closely held struggling female. Jumping to his feet just as the temperature in the warehouse plunged.- What the hell? -Even with her gaunt features and wide eyes, recognition of her identity hit him like a blow…Holy Fuck! Zypher was about to make a critical mistake and Throe’s awareness that they needed to extract ourselves from this train wreck immediately overwhelmed him.-

Vishous:
 -The broken tone of my female’s voice ripped through me like nothing else that these poor excuse for males could ever do to me. Nothing like seeing your shellan flailing in the arms of another male to make you lose your shit completely, I needed to keep that asshole away from her. The sound of metal rattling barely registered as I fought with all the force of my warrior form to escape the restraining bands, successfully scaring Ione’s minion to a “safe” distance. Eerily glowing eyes zoned in on Zypher, the asshole came up with something and my gut wrenched at the possibilities, you could see the plan slowly forming in his head with a sneer on his face as he stepped closer to the goddamn table with my female in his arms. The rush of blood in my ears was making it even harder to concentrate on any words coming from the mouth of the bystanders of the tense, closed space. My breathing coming in harsher pants as I worked to somehow free myself… but then I saw where this was going and time stopped…  there was no air going in and out of my lungs, I was frozen in time while I watched horrified at the male that had tortured me for weeks feed MY pregnant female. Everyone seemed to move as if under water, Zypher with the maniac shiteating grin on his face pulling out one of my daggers while Jodi was pressed tightly against him with his other arm safely restricting my female’s movements, Throe standing on guard to the other side trying to somehow lessen the collateral damage that his bastard partner was about to unleash, Ione pointedly glaring at Cael saying something in a harsh refined tone… something regarding his job…? Fuck if I know… my eyes barely strayed from Zypher. As it was, coherent thought was out of the question, I could only process the clear vivid fantasies of ripping the male inside out until he was on the floor in unrecognizable pieces-

Jodi:
*eyes wide with revulsion, moving between my hellren and the male restraining me at the metal on leather sound of a blade being pulled free, the hem of my shirt riding up with my frantic thrashing, weakly trying to kick out and loosen his grip to free my arms and cover my stomach*  No! Get your hands off me you sonofabitch! *words laced with rage and fear for my child pierce the air, swallowing back the rising bile at the possibilities, looking at my barely recognizable hellren, there was little I believed these males incapable of.. oh God… gaze turned toward Vishous in a silent plea for forgiveness… in my blind quest to save him, I’d risked us all…*

Ione:
[a dark sneer tweaking my perfectly painted lips as the blade descended,  watching with rapt attention, stepping closely enough to the table to stroke my fingers over the skin bared through the shredded hide of Vishous’s leathers while he snarled and railed against the heavy iron binding him.] Be of ease, my treasure. The female will soon be naught but a memory, quickly replaced by the plans I have for you. [drags the tip of a finger through a ribbon of blood trickling along his muscled thigh and bringing my fingertip to my lips with a purr, my lavender gaze cutting to Zypher, voice sharp.] Just kill her and be done with it.

Zypher: 
-With one last devil of a smirk, he drew that hand crafted weapon down the soft skin of his wrist and forced it over Jodi's mouth. He knew it woudn't be long before her body took over what her mind was trying to stop and yes, it was the slow pulling and then frantic sucking that issued the laugh formed from the pits of duhnd itself. Even though she fought it, he knew she was getting life from him. He was hard in his leathers and ran his free hand slowly over the swelling there to show Vishous the son of the Bloodletter just exactly what he had planned for his Shellan once she was well fed.  He was playing with fire and he knew it but...oh what a rush this little human was giving him.-

Throe:
-There was nothing Throe could do as he realized just what Zypher was planning to do. Stupid bastard needed to start thinking with his big head instead of his little one. The level of desperation and torment coming from their bound prisoner was a physical vibration within the room. Throe knew this had just become a whole lot more dangerous for all of them.- “If you plan to do much playing with that female comrade, I’d suggest we give the rat a big dose of tranq. No sense risking any damage to the property after all our careful efforts. -Giving a wink to Ione, Throe moved past her to load the tranquilizer gun.-


Vishous:
-mounted on the table like a trophy buck, my breath sawing in my lungs, I’d thought my nightmares were bad, but, this was fucking surreal. Now I understood what Wrath went through when the cop had to feed from his shellan, but holy shit, I never would’ve imagined what it would do to my insides to actually SEE this happening, and at least with the cop, Wrath knew that was his boy… from the same lineage even. This was in a whole other fucking scale, earthquakes, tsunamis, fucking asteroids digging a hole on the face of this planet was nothing compared to what was building up deep inside me ready to detonate any second now. Feeling the claws of the aristobrat trailing over my muscled thigh, I couldn’t help but flinch at her touch, hissing her way like a cornered animal warding off her advance, not that anything made any sense… my focus was back on my female in a second. My eyes narrowed into slits when Zypher forced his oozing wrist to Jodi’s lips, that’s when I felt it… time changed… morphed even and an eerily familiar feeling set in my gut as the anguish, fury, frustration and hunger all mixed in one pulled me back to a darker place that would let me draw from the power granted by right of birth. I could count in one hand the number of times I’d let the curse take control and fuck it felt like my veins were running with lightning, a low hum rang in my ears while everything went quiet around me, my limbs stopping their crazed movements, no more roars ripping through my raw throat, nothing… a stony wall of deadly calm and silence despite currents of energy that prickled up and down my spine. After a deep breath, I narrow my eyes for a split second just to focus back on the male that still held my shellan-  Playtime’s over, asshole –my voice echoing through the warehouse with unseen power, feeling eyes fall on me when the tendrils of energy broke through seemingly normal exterior… white light covering me from head to toe, the ink marking my hands and face standing out a stark ebony against the glow from my skin in my own bad ass-vampire version of Johnny Storm’s supernova. The curse spread through 6’6” of battered warrior frame, answered with an instant din of shocked gasps and Ione’s scream, watching the males’ faces while they put two and two together…Bastards… they fucking knew what this was, I doubted that what happened the day the Bloodletter had tried to kill the young he’d sired in that dank campside cave had gone forgotten. The sizzling sound of melting metal and leather had heads snapping toward my restraints, fueled with rage and adrenaline, I ripped through the ruined bands, the table marred with a charred shadow, the tattered remains of my clothes disintegrating in a cloud of rising smoke, getting to my feet with one clear objective in my mind…. Kill the enemy- MINE –roaring again as I launched myself at Zypher-

Jodi:
*in a flash the warm flow was crushed to my lips, weakly beating at Zypher’s chest against my body’s instinct to take in the life-sustaining fluid, the bonded female screaming at me to escape, my fingers clamping onto his wrist, fighting inwardly to either pull the source closer or shove it away, weeks of hunger prying my mouth open to send the blood spilling down my throat, hating the way the knot in my stomach unfurled with relief, my legs never ceasing their assault against the male’s shins in a bid for freedom*

Ione:
[watching in furious disbelief when my slave tore free of his bonds and stood, giving a strangled cry as Cael dematted before my eyes, my dreams of an eternity commanding Vishous’s service…body and blood, dissolved with the liquefied steel that had held him, falling back to escape the glaring light that surrounded him, my skirts catching on the splintered leg of the table and sending me toppling to the floor, my head connecting with the cement on a sharp crack…MINE… my last thought before a veil of black claimed me]

Butch:
-“Cop… man, this place is as tight as a nun’s thighs. We want in, we have to go in the hard way.” Rhage gripped his dagger, my head whipping toward the sounds of screams muffled by the thick door.- Wish granted. –Z nodded and took flank as I backed up, raising my Glock to put three in the lock, rearing back to kick the door inward, shitkickers thundering with the brothers on my heels following the chorus of chaos, squinting as the dim hallway gives way to a light to rival the sun, registering the scene in front of me in about three seconds, my best friend… or what was left of him… glowing like the floods at Fenway during a night game, my heart stopping when I see his path… right for the fucker holding Jodi- V… Jesus Christ.. STOP! -hurling myself at him at top speed and managing to get between he and his shellan, crashing the brother into a rickety workbench, wrought iron tools and lengths of chain scattering onto the filth-covered floor beneath us while I fight to contain the 260lbs of raw fury he’d turned into, eyes darting around to find the other brothers- Get those sonsofbitches!
 
Throe:
-The acrid smell of melting iron and burnt wood provided the perfect backdrop for the hell on earth that invaded the warehouse. Throe realized Vishous was indeed free and ready to end the existence of Zypher in mere seconds, just as members of the brotherhood crashed into the building. He raised the tranq gun at the nearest invader and squeezed the trigger, only to have his shot go wide as Ione stumbled jostling his arm. Not having the luxury of even a few seconds to reload the gun Throe cursed, angrily hurled it in her direction and dematted to Zypher’s side.- We leave NOW! -He roared at the seemingly oblivious male. Throe yanked Zypher’s wrist from the females hold against her mouth and spun to duck a punch thrown by Rhage who’d reached their position. The impact of Rhage’s over extended swing buffeted Zypher with enough force to snap some of the lusting-male’s attention back into the game. Finally releasing the female Zypher moved back alongside Throe to engage the brother now intent on death and destruction of his own. Throe watched as the Cop successfully made his run to intercept Vishous. Shoving Zypher, knowing this might be their only chance for freedom, he screamed at Zypher again.- Demat now Z! –Zypher’s eyes still wild, Throe had a moments relief to see that Z still held enough mental ability to follow his orders just this once.  As the other bastard vanished Throe scattered himself to follow, leaving the chaos behind.-

Vishous:
-Under the control of the energy coursing through me like lightning I knew no concept of time, I just felt getting kicked off my feet by a heavy mass and being pinned down and away from my objective. The asshole was getting away and I couldn’t get nearly as close as I wanted to, just one tiny fucking touch… just… one… touch. Finally, snapping I snarl in the direction I felt arms close around my body to keep me grounded, luckily I wasn’t even channeling enough energy to make a big hole on the floor, it was then I saw a familiar face with a shadow of anguish in his hazel eyes. Blinking back to consciousness, murderous intents aside, to focus on the words coming from the cop’s mouth, he was determined to get me to listen to him. A couple of shallow breaths later I nodded in acknowledgement to Butch- Cop –my voice hoarse as if the last sounds coming from me had severed my vocal cords for anything more than a harsh whisper- I got it, I’m ok –eyes flickering around the chaos that my little pyrotechnic trick had triggered, there was shouting, grunting, blades clinking, and heavy footfalls all around me, but if I wanted to truly get my shit in gear… searching through the faces until I found my female, horrified and scared but alive. Letting another long breath out as I relax and lay my head on the floor with my eyes closed, feeling more than seeing how the power was quickly drained out of my body to leave me once again in the battered mess I was before the Christmas tree impression.- I’m okay, cop, get Jodi out of here and make sure she’s unharmed –seeing the moment of hesitation in his eyes before I pin him with one of my intense stares, something went unsaid between us and he finally nodded, leaving me to my own devices.-

Butch:
-fingers itching to grab V and haul his ass outside with me, I finally complied, seeing the determination in his icy stare, even under the best of circumstances there was nothing my boy liked less than losing his shit and after what he’d obviously been through.. I growled low in my chest, finally taking in the damage he’d sustained with a curt nod of my head- You got it, traynor. –turning and beating feet outside to do what I could to ease my brother’s hysterical shellan-

Vishous:
-Distantly, I could distinguish the sounds of fighting and the voice of reason, Butch, taking control of the situation as best as he could. That little stunt I pulled before was weighing heavily on me, slowly I felt even the last of my strength abandon all hope and jump ship. It was going to take an act of congress to get me off this floor. Counting my breaths as they came to distract me while I wait for the current of energy to dim, I frown when a low moan of pain comes from the other side of the room… no one was supposed to be there. Slowly I turned my head to the side to find the source over the debris that still cluttered the room. My body tensed a second later when the tangy scent of blood filled my nostrils. My fangs punched down as the primal part of my mind registered the scent of food I’d been denied for so long, my mouth watering at the possibility of feeding, making my body react before my mind could catch up to the actions. Pushing myself through the pain of abused muscles, I crawled over to the slender body sprawled on the floor a few feet away from the table I’d been a contestant on until recently. The body I could sense the blood coming from writhed and moved trying to gain some kind of leverage on the floor, to bolt or get closer, it was hard to say under the red haze I was looking through. Not that it mattered, grabbing the thin arm to pull the female closer to me after a low hiss I attacked… diamond eyes unseeing and void of recognition, my body’s sole purpose… to feed-

Ione:
[stirring with a groan and touching shaking fingers to the back of my head, vision blurred as I pulled my hand back, delicate brows knitted in confusion trying to understand the red smears coloring my fingertips, dropping a palm to the grime-coated floor and beginning to push myself up before a wave of dizziness halts my attempt, blinking to clear my vision I let out a surprised shriek when a hand clamps around my arm and drags me close, seeing Vishous’s face for just a moment… wild, starved.. his lips pulled away from his fangs…managing a single NO before his canines sink deep, the pain shooting flames up my spine, the wounds tearing as I thrash with my dwindling strength to pull away from him, heartbeat turning erratic with the loss of blood, my eyes dimming as my hands fall away to lie limply on the greasy concrete and finally going still]

Vishous:
-Somewhere between the wild thrashing and the thick wine of blood that trickled down my throat with each steady pull of this starved body my mind started to clear. The blood was completely different from what I was used to, this wasn’t my female nor was it the Chosen Naima who I usually fed on… this was… someone else. The blood was still as good to my body as any female of our kind. Finally, mental process was fucking possible as biology took its course giving me just enough clarity and strength to be able to move on my own. My fangs were still deep in the female’s throat and now under careful scrutiny I realized I was feeding from Ione to the point of death. Little by little the movements stilled and I could feel her body growing colder, something long dormant inside, not tapped into for years took hold of my body making it impossible for me to dislodge my jaw from the delicate neck avaged by her wild movements and my lethal fangs. A low rumble vibrated my chest as I expand my senses to send a last parting gift to the dying female, my voice ringing clear in Ione’s head “This, bitch, is for everything you did to me, my brothers… especially for my family” those precious last moments she wouldn’t have her life flash behind her eyes, she would die knowing that I was going back to my female, to my family with wounds that will only take a few days to heal… nothing would take me away from the place I belong. The female grew limp and I took that chance to pull back, letting her body sag to the floor like a rag doll, barely chancing a glance at her before I stood with my newly gained strength from the feeding. Surveying the area that had served as my dungeon for the last couple weeks, I sneered at the memories that would soon be locked in a box and thrown in the metaphorical motherfucking-ocean of my mind. I picked up my discarded daggers and scanning for anything the bastards may have left that could lead us to their permanent base, with a small step close to the table, I pull my glove from my cursed hand and bend down to touch glowing fingers to the scarred wood. Diamond eyes grew colder still as I walked, my hand touching everywhere I can reach on my way out of the warehouse, where I could hear the cop saying he was going to get me out of here. Good idea, out of here… but not before I turn this place into ashes. Taking the last few steps to the opened door… as the glow of flames warmed the tattered skin of my back and stepping out to take my first breaths of free air-

Butch:
-finally settling Jodi in the Escalade, Rhage all but sitting on her to keep her in the cab, I assured the shell-shocked female that I’d be back with V, turning to head back inside, unsure if he’d had been able to get up after the force raging through him subsided, stopping short at the sight of his form  emerging from the darkened doorway, his color returning under the layer of dirt and shredded clothes that covered him, lips stained a deep crimson beneath the overgrowth of his beard- Hey, man, you ready to… -the wheels turned and my head cocked as my nostrils stung at the smoke beginning to billow from the barred windows, clapping a hand on his shoulder and meeting his eyes knowingly- Where’s Ione?

Vishous:
-With a final touch to the wall next to me to keep the fireworks working, I slip my glove back on as I meet the Butch’s knowing gaze. Holding his hazel eyes for a heartbeat, passing on the information I will never reveal and that will probably die as soon as we left behind the burning ruins, shrugging lightly-  For all I know the princess left the building –leaning slightly into him as we walk back to the Escalade, still a little uneasy on my feet after so long of being trapped in that hell. After sharing a few looks with my brothers, Rhage peeled off his trench and offered it to me, shrugging into the heavy leather coat, I nod a thanks and slip inside the SUV-

Jodi:
Vishous! *throwing my arms around your neck and breaking into wracking sobs, my face pressed into your throat ignoring the scratch of your coarse whiskers* I’m sorry, I’m so fucking sorry. I couldn’t help it… I love you… Oh, Christ I love you and I’m sorry… I just want to go home. *tears garbling the words, I cling to you for  dear life, pulling as close as the subtle rounding of my belly would allow, the SUV dipping under Butch’s weight when he climbed into the driver’s seat and turned the ignition, the engine rumbling to life.*

Vishous:
-rearranging myself in the Escalade, a new wave of emotions hitting me once my female cuddles into my side, the scent of the Bastard still clinging to her skin, way too close to home. Growling low I pull Jodi into my lap, ignoring the pain that the shift caused, and present my wrist to her, whispering in a tone laced with possession- Drink, shellan mine –taking the dagger I was able to salvage from the wreck that was the flame-gutted warehouse that we were leaving behind, bringing it in a quick slice across my wrist before any protests could be made from either of the SUV’s occupants. If I couldn’t fuck my female right here and now I was at least going to feed her like the male I was… being the ONLY male my female needs. Trying to get back some of what I felt I lost back there, my eyes stray from my daggers to concentrate on my shellan, the way she felt against me, and with a ghost of a smile I placed my hand over the swell on my female’s body. No matter what, I hold my life… my whole destiny in my hands-

No comments:

Post a Comment