Thursday, November 15, 2012

Powder Keg: After the Fire




Jodi

*the warm span of leather over my belly anchored me against the hysteria finally beginning to subside, the foul remnants of Zypher's blood replaced by the rich essence of my hellren, a mewl of protest lost to the intensity of your eyes when you offered your wrist, I drank deeply and settle against you, the warmth of your battered body seeping through me to loosen fear-bound muscles, eyes squeezed tight against the brimming flow threatening to spill at the slightest sound, the males in the front were silent, relief at my male's return slowly chipping away at the tension that had nearly become visible as the Escalade plowed through the smoke billowing from the warehouse*

Vishous

-sounds were muffled under the blood rushing through my ears. Although the adrenaline had been lost the moment Butch had saved me from making a huge mistake just so I could take my revenge on the male that had dared... I had to stop the thought right there or I would be growling from this moment until I could have my female under my body and screaming my name to keep that bastard and the thoughts of him far away from our reach. No matter, the danger was past behind us. Not that I would let this go, after all I do have a knack for grudges. My diamond eyes were still gaining momentum in the internal glow that is always triggered with feelings of my female. I could at least feel my brothers and I knew  Butch would cover me. Yet, another secret that would forever binds us beyond the ties of brotherhood. I tightened my arms around my female and heard the leather creak in protest to the movement. Yes, even though I was weak, the blood I took from the aristobrat served to give me the strength to be with my female. My brothers will just have to wait.-

Jodi

*not having the strength to argue the vising grip of your arms, I tear my lips free of your wrist as the flow slows to a trickle and finally stops, tongue rasping over the punctures and hesitantly lifting my eyes to yours, icy beacons in the dark of the SUV's cabin, almost afraid to speak for the aggression radiating from you even beneath the heavy leather of Rhage's trench, not drawing a full breath until I heard the whirring mechanisms that marked the opening of the compound's gate, shifting in your lap when the Escalade bounces going over the tracks holding the heavy iron in place* home... *the word spoken with a rush of relieved breath, not realizing until that moment that it hadn't truly been home since you'd been taken from me... I'd come to think of it as a tomb, my final resting place if you'd not been returned to me* Nallum.. Vishous? We're home.

Vishous

-tearing my eyes from some unseen spot, somewhere far away from the place I was when your voice filters through. Something that has kept me alive for the weeks that I was held prisoner by the band of Bastards. I lift my hand to trace over the features of your face as the Escalade comes to a stop close to the Pit.- Home -repeating the word as I cling to the idea of being back with my female, I had either died or this was really happening. Everyone stayed where they were, my eyes flickered to Butch who had turned as if expecting instructions.- Tell the brothers I'm back, I'll see you all tomorrow when -my eyes back to you- I've spent some time with my shellan, true? -he nods and we all start to shuffle out of the Escalade-

Jodi

*the break of your voice was the only crack in the wall of rage that was gaining height around you when you looked at me, swiping a tear from my cheek and tracing the line of your jaw with my thumb, streaking through the grime that covered your thickened beard, the weakness of my near starvation slowly abating.. as much as I hated the idea.. in some part to the wealth of blood I'd been given, the pull of our bond running like lava in my veins, cursing at the circumstances but bonded was bonded and I needed my male, the flashing memory of the bastard's lewd sneer feeling like a layer of filth on my skin, getting to my feet and stepping out into the drive, my eyes widening when I get my first clear look at you since you'd been freed* Oh, fuck.. nallum... ?


Vishous

-there was nothing I could do to stop myself from what was about to happen. I took your hand and started our way slowly to the Pit, door willed wide open as I stepped through it. The harmony of smells filling my nostrils giving me yet another clue that I was really home. I didn't know if the brothers were following and frankly I couldn't care less. As I stood in front of our mated room I hesitated for a second, now processing your words. My words clipped- Yes, leelan? -my eyes traveling down the hall to the nursery, making the ache in my heart start again. My bonding scent flares as a frustrated growl falls from my lips, I turn to look at you with an intensity I haven't had in a while.- I'm sorry, female mine, but I need you, true? -I open the door and wait for you to walk in to close the door behind us-

Jodi

I know… *swallowing thickly, my longing gaze fixed on your face when the door closes with a soft click, and I back against it, taking deep breaths to tamp down the growing flame of whipping need stirred by the scent of your skin, raw possession clouding around us in a fog of erotic spice, my thighs clenched together on a whimper of anticipation and want, I take a shaky step closer to you and brace myself, hungry for my male in all his ferocity* I need you, too… Now.

Vishous

-Before I turn back to you, I shed the trench coat. Rolling my still sore muscles as I turn slowly to face you, my face I knew was contorted into something between lust and raw animal power shielded under marred and dirty skin.- Leelan -faster that you could register it I was on top of you, pressing your back against the door once again as I capture your lips in a passionate kiss. My hand disappearing between us to rub over the dampness between your legs. All those weeks, all the anger against that male, all the love and devotion poured into actions that was sure to leave us sore no matter how careful we said we might be. No matter what was better for a battered warrior and a pregnant female.-

Jodi:

Vi.. *I didn't get the rest out, in a moment you were caging me between the door and your massive frame, all warrior muscle and the barely contained hunger of a bonded male, the seam of my jeans cutting maddeningly into my cleft with the rough stroke of your fingers, rocking into the touch as if my hips were pulled by the gravity of lust, every cell in me screaming.. begging to end the ache of emptiness left when you'd been taken, I was starved for more than just blood, I'd missed this... the union of flesh and soul that only my mate could give, the physical act of a love so deep words failed to measure it, I raise my arms to circle your neck, biting savagely at your lips and lavishing wet rasps over your fangs as they punched into your mouth*

Vishous

-growling into the kiss as I felt your body pressed against mine, the response of your need for me, everything that I've missed right there in front of me. Soon, I slip both my hands between us to rip open the clothing that was in my way. Hearing the button of your jeans clatter on the floor somewhere near us along with the whirr of clothing ripping to bare your breasts leaving your shirt in hanging from your shoulders in tattered ribbons. My hands finally pull you free of the denim prison and soon I feel it pool on the floor beneath you. In no time at all I had you in my arms, legs and arms wrapped around me while our kiss gains momentum once again. Ravishing your lips like it was my last meal as I waste no time at all in grabbing my arousal to press the head of it at your entrance... so long... too long.-

Jodi:

*the chill of air on my skin registering somewhere in the fringes of my thoughts, cold replaced with searing heat when you lift me to crush me into the heavy oak panel, banding my legs around your waist and rolling my hips into the velvet head of your arousal, seconds passing like months as I writhe against you, fingers tangling vicious knots in your hair to leverage the climb as I pull up, locked in a battle of devouring kisses and seeking hands, roaming hungry touches covering your skin as if to assure me that you were really here with me, heart lurching as the wellspring of emotion I'd held at bay for your brothers' benefit burst free in a sobbed cry, tears streaming down my cheeks and panting frantic vows over your lips between bruising kisses*

Vishous:

-answering the frantic vows with one of my own, apologizing like crazy to you. For not being strong enough, for leaving you, for letting inferior assholes take me away from my family. Blood mingled into our kiss as my fangs bite into both your lips and mine. Adding another bonding moment to this union, I could barely think straight as it was. All I knew was that I wanted and needed my female right now. With that thought a growl feel from my lips as I pulled you down the moment my arousal settled between your drenched lips. Our bodies slamming together in one desperate bid to leave the months apart behind, to lose ourselves in this moment of pure bliss. A grunt turns into a loud moan as your walls stretch for my arousal, sinking into the warmth that was you.-

Jodi:

*my spine bowed under the thick invasion of your cock, arching me off the door and melding me against you, swollen breasts crushed brutally between us stopping my breath when each drive filled me with the brand of your swollen arousal, I clawed at your back, nails raking over the scars the bore out my name on golden skin, feeling out each letter and drifting lower to the symbols spelling the name of our young.. oh, God our young.. I hadn't been able to tell you, the swelling of my belly announcing in that dank prison what I should have said.. could have said had you not been taken, the pounding thrust of your hips forcing me higher on the oak, rough wood scoring my shoulders raw but unable to care, mouth prickling with the scratch of your whiskers as I cut a path of nipped kisses along your jaw* Vishous.. oh, fuck...

Vishous:

-the moment our lips part I took to breath in deeply, the scent of your skin was intoxicating but what ripped another growl from my lips was the fact that I could still discern the stench of the Bastard on you. Without conscious thought I bared your throat for me, doing nothing but acting on instinct I sank my fangs in your throat, drinking from you... yes... but my objective was to mark you, yet again, in some other way. In the meantime, my hips slammed against you, only spurred by the way your nails were scoring my back with the only marks I wished to wear. Long tired muscles fueled by the desire and need to be with each other for the moment, to let this erase what could've been, to let me have a peace I was only dreaming of minutes ago. Moaning against your neck, my hips falter their precise thrust only for a heartbeat before regaining speed-

Jodi:

Jesus! *my head slams back against the door, your name torn from my lips on a stammered plea when you strike, carried down the hall with the splintering of the door frame under your power, hands scrambling for purchase on shoulders rolling with tensed power, unleashed on me in an instant of primal ownership, hips moving in twisting friction, sheathing your iron arousal in silken pulses of wet heat, a hammering assault that shatters me, the rush of violent ecstasy crashing over me without warning, a shouted prayer over the growled pants that washed your breath over my throat as your fangs worked deep, pulling my blood into your mouth, my heels digging into the flex of your ass, urging you deeper.. harder... anything it took to obliterate any trace of the male who'd touched me* VISHOUS!

Vishous

-your pleasure made my ears ring and the pride of the bonded male soared. Finally, this was what I wanted, nothing but us in the room. Wanting this moment to clean our slate so that my return home felt like nothing had happened. It was just us, in our mated room, our home, with our family and my brothers. Hips slamming against yours in quick successions when your core quivered around my hardened length. Drawing out my pleasure. I pulled back from your neck to lap lovingly over the small punctures that served to nurture your male in a way I only desired to do from you. Leaning in to whisper huskily against your ear- I fucking missed you -each word punctuated by a thrust and just when I felt my ball tighten, my stomach knotting as the pleasure ignites from deep within.-

Jodi

I..missed... you, too... ahh, fuck! *the velvet drag of your tongue was a soothing balm over flushed skin, the wounds healing to a delightful throb that tightened my nipples to aching peaks, my arms falling around your neck, lips pressed to the thick column standing out with the strain of your effort, I hold on to you as if you could be ripped from me at any moment, your pleasure bucking your hips into me, thighs bruising under the pumping thrust as your release floods me, marked inside and out by the only male who would ever own me*

Vishous

-my advance falters until I completely stop, my release successfully marking you in yet another way while my body hummed with the aftermath of my release.- Fuck, shellan mine -shivering slightly at the cool air that washes over my damped back, I kiss the top of your head softly- I love you, I... thought about you every fucking second of those horribly long days -snaking an arm around you to hold your body to mine as I shakily make my way to our bathroom-

Jodi

Fuck, I was so scared I’d never see you again. *holding tightly, biting back a hiss when your steps bounce me against your hips, your cock still buried between my thighs, not anywhere near ready to let go of you just yet as you shuffle into the bathroom* Nallum… about the baby. *knits brows, the flutter in my stomach reminding me of the life within* I didn’t know until after… I’m so sorry. I tried not to feed. Even Rhage and Butch tried to…

Vishous

-willing the water of the shower on along with some candles as to not be in complete darkness. Softly touching your smaller back with a brush of my thumb- Sshh, female mine -testing the water with one hand, almost fucking groaning when I feel the water is just at the right temperature. My arms barely holding on to you but unwilling to accept weakness right now, I step inside the small alcove that was slowly filling with vapor. Taking the few steps to the bench before carefully plopping down, a soft sigh falls from my lips and I will the shower head slightly to the side so the cascade of the warm water washed our bodies- Fuuck

Jodi

*moving exhausted limbs to settle over your lap, my breath escaping in a gentle exhale when the spray beats down on my back, trapping a his between clenched lips at the sting washing over my torn skin, head tucked under your bearded chin watching the grime rinse clean and disappear down the drain in a swirl of rust-tinted black, gathering my voice, I force myself to sit up and look at you.* We’re having another young, hellren mine. I didn’t mean to but.. *bites my lip, cautiously meeting your eyes* Well?

Vishous

-leaning my head back against the tiled wall to relish the feel of my female on top of me and the warm water washing away weeks of torture and solitude. My thumb lightly brushes back and forth over the tatt on your smaller back. I peeked an eye open when I feel you shift on my lap, the fucking at the door doing nothing to dim my desire for my female but the need to get the dirty past and the ... other factors that had us here was far more important. More sex would come. More time alone and with my family. When you finally got to reveal what had you so worried, I couldn't help but smile. I was just saved from being a sex slave for the rest of my life and you thought I was worried about that?- Crazy shellan mine -lifting my hands to cup your face as I look you straight in the eye- Leelan, look at me -brushing my thumb over your cheek softly- do you honestly think I would be other than amazingly happy when I heard about our young? You, Sahv -dropping my hand to your belly- and our unborn child was all that kept me going. A past Vishous wouldn't have given a fuck, but here and now I promise you that my only regret is that I let inferior minds beat me at a game of wits. I love you

Jodi

*lips curving to return the soft smile at the familiar touch, the pad of your thumb tracing your inked name on my back, I drop a hand to cover yours on the curve of my stomach, hypnotized by the glowing pools of white, my moment of joy shadowed by nagging uncertainty* Nallum, I don’t.. I don’t even know if the young is okay. Havers said.. *I shake my head, the depth of my neglect settling like a weight on my chest* I should have listened to your brothers. Oh, God, Vishous. What if I’ve hurt the baby?

Vishous

-still trying to smile even as the repercussions of your action weight heavily on me too. My fault. I shake my head slightly at your words and take your hand in mine- A stubborn female like you? If you don't listen to me, why them? -flashing your favorite crooked grin as I rub your belly softly- Your male is back and you'll just have to rest and do as the doctor says, true? Nothing bad will happen -I needed to believe this too, I was back and I would not let stupid biology or something more ridiculous keep us apart- little by little, female mine

Jodi

You’re right. *takes a deep breath, forcing myself to take comfort in your words, I lean in to kiss the corners of your mouth* God, I’ve missed you… we’ve missed you. *frowning with concern as I look at the lines of tormented worry cutting into your face, the overgrowth of your beard covering the angle of your jaw that I loved to taste, I reach for the soap in the niche on the wall and gather the suds on a soft cloth perched next to it, carefully working at cleaning your face, my voice dropping* She was behind this, wasn’t she? The female with the purple eyes. The one at Havers’ clinic.

Vishous

-I brush my lips over yours before you start washing me. Leaning back against the wall I sigh in relief at the feel of the too expensive soap, never thought I would actually miss it but I had to admit it felt heavenly. Without my consent, my body stiffens when you say that, so sure of yourself and her... that bitch. The reason for my being away from you. I had to take a calming breath... or five before I could answer. My voice detached as I tried to simply and wave off importance to events that had marked our lives... yet again.- Yes, the bitch managed to somehow get in touch with the Bastards. They planned this and I didn't see it coming

Jodi

*I closed my eyes and pictured her face, hearing the venom in her words when she saw me… fuck, I hoped she was dead. And I hope she suffered. Not wanting to waste any more time on those thoughts as I finished washing the last of the ordeal from you, stowing the soap and cloth back on the shelf and reaching for the shampoo, pouring the gel into my hand and working it through your hair, finding myself carefully cataloging every part of you that I could see for injury* It doesn’t matter. You’re home now and you’re not leaving me again. *blowing out a breath as I tilt your head back to rinse you clean* I love you, Vishous. So fucking much. *smiling gently, I tilt your chin down to look at your face* Sahv has missed you…

Vishous

-eyes closed to your soft touch, loving the way you were taking care of your male. Taking a deep breath as you wash me completely, smiling when I hear those words- Yes, I love you, female mine, so very fucking much -my heart swelling when you say that, fuck, my son was here. Just a few steps away and I... I wanted to see him but... I wanted my female. I was again at a crossroads and I didn't know what to do. I laughed softly at my own stupid problems. Now that I was here, it all seemed so trivial. Nothing was immediate, it could all be solved in minutes. I take my time now in cleaning you, wanting to read of anything but my scent on your skin as I answer- And I've missed him, so much. I want... -pausing for a second- I want him to sleep with us tonight, female mine

Jodi

I think that’s perfect, my warrior. *relaxing in your arms, I close my eyes and relish the feel of your hands on me, my body moving into your touch, with every sweep of the lavender foam I felt more myself, the horrors of the last days and weeks rinsed away with the suds in a river of scalding water* It seems like a lifetime since we’ve been a family. *sighing quietly, I sit back in your lap and press gentle kisses over your lips* Let’s go get our son, Vishous. I want you back in our bed where you belong.

Vishous

-after finishing with your body I go for your hair, lathering your waves slowly. My eyes wandering over the features of your face, your neck which still had the marks of my fangs, your full breasts glistening with the drops of water that cover your skin, your slightly rounded belly.... fuck, you were just a vision to me. I lift my eyes back to yours, staring deep into your chocolate pools that I loved so much.- Yes, shellan mine, sounds perfect -tilting your head back to wash away the suds of the shampoo. Once I'm done I kiss you softly, a soft promise of love and devotion in a simple touch. Then I lean in to whisper in your ear.- Then, I will have you again, leelan

Jodi

Nallum…*the failed attempt at a warning sounded more like a plea against your lips as I wind my arms back around your neck, trailing kisses over your jaw* You have me anytime you want for the rest of our lives, hellren mine. And even after that. Now, let’s go… *brows drawing over a pout, I push off of your shoulders, whimpering when your length slides free and the emptiness returns, standing on trembling legs that almost send me crashing to the tile* Damn it!

Vishous

-nuzzling your neck before I pull back, sighing when I have to let you go and reluctantly staying still when you stand. My length still hard and wanting more but the father in me... well, I had to have my son back. I extend my arms to help you keep your balance after our... encounter.- Careful, female mine -slowly I stand to help you, not trusting myself like I did a few weeks ago. Feeling sort of sluggish and fucking out of character.- Our young -willing the water off as I wrap my arms around you and walk with you to retrieve two towels for us-

Jodi

Our young… *unable to help the spreading smile while you walk us to the shelf and pull the towels free, binding myself in one and tying the other around your waist, my mind drifting to the baby I carried,  forcing one foot before the other to carry me back into our mated room, chuckling to myself at the pale cracks in the door jamb where the wood failed, grinning over my shoulder at you and heading for the closet to tug one of your shirts over my head and drag my fingers through the chaos of waves, shoving the weight of my hair behind my shoulder and reaching for your sweats, offering you the pants, stopping short as I see the fading collage of bruises and gouged wounds covering your torso* Jesus, nallum…

Vishous

-watching you with a warm smile, the sway of your hips the fucking sexiest thing I've ever seen. I dry my hair then wrap the towel around my waist, following your gaze to the door- Guess that needs replacement -looks at you and frowns when I see the expression on your face- What? -looking down at my body, the realization dawns on me. My battered body, yeah, good amount of blood could only do so much. I flash a soft grin and wave you off.- I'm fine, leelan -taking the sweats, throwing the towel in the hamper to exchange it for the pants. Feeling a little self-conscious, I scratch my overgrown beard, fuck, I needed to do some serious trimming-

Jodi

*nodding slowly, I let it drop, anxious to have you back in our mated bed, in the warmth of my arms… but, I’d be calling a doggen as soon as we woke up, and Phury too, sighing at the need for a Chosen, despite my grudging acceptance of Naima, stepping into you, I pull your arm away and frame your jaw with my hands* I’ll shave you tomorrow, nallum. Although, the Grizzly Adams look is endearing. Maybe you can be Santa for Christmas for Sahv. *chuckles softly, tugging you toward the door* Come on. Our monster is waiting.

Vishous

-I wrap my arms around you, glad you let it all go. I felt like shit so I must not be looking all that hot, refusing to move I press my chest to your back and wrap my arms around you. Walking with you out of the room just like this, opening the door slowly, hearing the soft groan of protest coming from the hinges. I chuckle and make my way down the hall with you to our boy’s room, every step I find harder to breathe, like it was my first time seeing his face. Something like having my boy be reborn in my eyes. I wondered just how much bigger he is right now-

Jodi

*feeling your giant form tense against my back, I take as much of your weight as I can manage and ease the nursery door open, smiling wide at our son’s wide diamond eyes peering over the side of his crib as he pulls himself up, squealing and bouncing on the mattress when he spies you over my shoulder, tears pricking the corners of my eyes at his little voice. “Dada… grrrrrr… da!” stretching out his arms, he babbles enthusiastically, shaking the iron rungs of the crib. “Dada!”*

Vishous

-my breathing catching in my throat when you open the door, frightful that maybe... just maybe my boy had forgotten all about me. And then it happened. The door opened wide and an enthusiastic young bouncing on the crib. I let out a shaky breath as tear prickle at my eyes- Sahvage... Sahv... monster -slowly loosening my arms around you as I take one shaky step after the other until we both reach the crib. His voice, fuck, it was even more beautiful that I remembered. His scent. God... my boy! My family was right here. I chance a glance at you before I make quick moves, picking him up to bury my face in his neck. Almost sobbing, mumbling apologies, words of love, promises. Everything I could, Sweet Fade. I have everything... I almost lost it-

Jodi

*pressing a hand to my mouth at the tears glistening around icy irises, the sight of you with our young nearly bringing me to my knees as I reach out to steady myself on the crib, eyes brimming and spilling  a fresh wave of tears down my face watching feety pajama clad legs pumping wildly with excitement, his tiny growls muffled as he grips your hair in chubby fists, coming to stand next to you, I close my arms around you both* We both need you, Vishous. We were lost without you.

Vishous

-taking in a ragged breath I wrap an arm around you while I still hold my boy. Pulling back only to let my eyes wander over both of you. Sahv happily smacking my check and growling playfully while still babbling about his "dadda". Fuck, this is my heaven. This is what I'm talking about. I look down at you and offer you a shaky smile.- And I need you both, leelan. You and our young, that's all that keeps me going even in my darkest days. -brushing my lips over yours as I balance Sahv in one arm- Thank you for being my reason to go on.

Jodi

*tracing Sahv’s knuckles with a fingertip and smiling when he grabs my thumb, I kiss his hand and get on my toes to kiss you again* You’ll always have us, Vishous. *I glance down at my stomach, now hidden by your over-sized shirt* Plus one. *chuckles* You’re exhausted, my warrior. We all are. It’s been hell without you. Even monster felt it. *knits brows, when Sahv whimpers, bowed mouth puckered and reaching out to grab at my shirt* God, I don’t remember the last time I nursed him. *frowns, guilt washing over me* It was before I went after you, I think.

Vishous

-frowning at that bit of information, this wasn't good. I needed to talk to you, I didn't want this to happen if.. something ended up happening to me. I sigh and tilt your head up to give you a soft chaste kiss.- No overthinking tonight, we'll deal with the consequences little by little. Tonight -taking your hand in mine as I pull Sahv higher on my chest, he rests his head on my shoulder while he gnaws on my shoulder- we have a family night, true?

Jodi:

*nodding, I thread my fingers with yours and nestle into your side, leading us back into our mated room, grudgingly letting go of your hand to pull back the duvet and climb onto our bed, holding my arms out* I can feed him until we all sleep, nallum. *smiles reassuringly, patting the bed next to me* I want my males.

Vishous

-letting my mind go blank for this moment, I forgot all about the craziness that passed. Bastards, lessers, sluts with a sense of superiority. Nothing existed but us, I walked closer to you as I willed the door closed behind us. Handing you our young before I climb in our bed, sighing in relieve.- So fucking soft -collapsing on the bed next to you, rubbing your back tenderly-

Jodi

*folding a squirming Sahv against me, I pull up the hem of my shirt and press him to my chest, exhaling a long breath when he latches on and settles in with a sleepy snuffle, curling against me, wriggling as close to you as I can manage without squashing him between us but, not wanting to be far from you* This bed was huge without you in it, nallum.

Vishous

-leaning in to kiss your leg and Sahv's, smiling up at you as I lift m hand to caress your cheek- It is empty without you, leelan, anything and everything -scooting as close as possible to you while I'm soothe with the soft sounds of our young-

Jodi

*taking a deep breath, I sigh and sink into your arms, my family finally whole again with you at my side, your love giving me the strength to face an unknown future... all I knew was that you were home and I could breathe again, knowing you were safe* Sleep, Vishous. Anything else can wait until tomorrow.

Vishous
 
-kissing anywhere I can reach, the soft mattress and the sounds of my family around me soothing me to sleep like the sweetest lullaby. Except this was better. I was home, truly and really. I prayed to a higher power, let this be real. Let me wake on this bed with my family around me, please.- When Sahv is done -half slurring the words, wanting to have him on me while you snuggled close, somehow surrounded by warms bodies better than being cold and reminded of what had happened-

Jodi

*smiling at the request, I listen for our young’s soft, contented snores and pry him free to carefully lay him across your chest, pulling the blanket over you both and settling into your side, draping a leg across your thighs and burying my face in your shoulder, covering you as much as I can without disturbing our sleeping young, reaching up, I stroke my fingers through your hair until I hear your breaths calm* You can sleep now, hellren mine. You’re home.

No comments:

Post a Comment