Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Chaos Theory

Life at the compound had changed… though long, cold nights were still spent in the alleys of Caldwell’s seedy underbelly with my brothers hunting for lessers, I no longer returned to the pit and the comfort of a tumbler of Goose or my toys, nor did I retreat to the refuge of the penthouse in the Commodore to seek the solace only willing bodies and the sting of deftly-wielded leather could provide. I came home to her. Jodi. In a world of seemingly endless night, she was the light that guided me out of the darkness I’d spiraled into centuries before. 

Opening the door to the pit, my heavy footfalls echoed off of the walls, blood-covered shitkickers carrying me down the hallway to our mated room, anxiously anticipating a hot shower and the remainder of the night spent buried between her thighs. My cock hardened at the thought, already two steps ahead of me as I nudged the door of our room open, swearing as the scent hit me. Mother. Fucker. I’d been so caught up in my desire to chase away the horrors of the night with the warmth of my female’s arms I’d neglected to note the day, the hypnotic scent perfuming the air of our room reminding me with painful clarity. Jodi was fertile. Warring with myself I watched her turn in her sleep, silk sheets rustling over her nude body as she moved. Cursing every book and article I’d studied on human reproduction and shooting a glare at the tent in my leathers, I turned out of the room, my dream of a hot shower changing to cold in an instant. 

Month after month we endured the separation while her body went through its cycle, both of us suffering through until her scent changed with its passing and we were once again able to gorge ourselves on each other’s touch until we could hardly move. She’d offered to have the surgery but, I just couldn’t bring myself to take the possibility of young from her though, I’d be damned if I’d risk her life by lying with her during those times. If anything were to happen to her… I shook off the thought and headed for the bathroom, willing the water to its coldest setting and unstrapped my holsters, peeling off my stained clothes and taking a deep breath before stepping under the icy spray. It didn’t matter how long it took, or how I had to fight to stay away from her. Jodi was part of my life. Fuck, she WAS my life. I had to find a way around the biology that kept us apart on those days. My head hanging under the freezing cascade, I scrubbed a gloved hand over my face, mind churning with possible solutions and outcomes. At the forefront was the chaos theory… I had to find the answer before chance found it for me.

No one would think that after the time spent together I would still dwell and study leelan’s reproductive cycle to successfully be with her without the repercussions of a young endangering my female’s life. No one would dare think that the smartest of the brothers would be racking his brain trying to fit his sex life with that of his female around and far away from her fertile times. The fucking thought gave me the chills, fucking biology and its fucking monthly gift… ass planted in front of my Four Toys, thoroughly ignoring the work assigned by Wrath.

His booming voice rang loud and clear in my head “We need to get on with what we’ve recovered. The lessening society is not going to stay quiet forever’ he pinched the bridge of his nose then slid his thumb and forefinger to rub his useless eyes ‘I don’t fucking like this, V. Use your fucking brains and figure some shit out. We need to find and destroy the biggest target before… it’s too late’”. It wasn’t like I hadn’t tried to do and use any and all the resources available but the King was under a lot of stress as of late and shit was only getting worse with the glymera.

After hours of hacking new phones, handling and pointing out new coordinates with Tohr, sitting and going through new strategies with the cop, and some other bullshit with the kids and the rest of the brotherhood I found myself right back where I started. My office. My technological paradise. The feeling that the smelly fuckers had something up their sleeve had every brother on the compound on edge. Like cockroaches, the pale assholes scattered around to the nearest sewer and hanged their asses tight. Darkness was their home and shitholes their sanctuary. The fact that I felt I was missing something did nothing to clear my head and that meant for a very wired warrior. However, I found myself cursing at the calendar that glared back for not letting me have the release I so desperately needed. A brilliant red warning told me what I already knew.

My eyes followed the weekly schedule as if trying to push back or somehow find that I was wrong, that I didn’t have to stay away from the touch of my female. My gloved thumb rubbed over my inked temple and a newly lit Turkish tobacco nestled between my lips while my eyes ran over the information… over and over again. Soon the avoiding starts and that pained expression on your female will come back to haunt you night after night until you make her yours again. Jodi and I had the same argument over and over again in the past but neither of us had given in.

I leaned back against the chair taking a long drag from my blunt, swimming in the spices of the tobacco with my head resting against the leather. I lifted my hand to rub my chest just over my heart, if my female only knew how many times I had to leave the room just because her scent had enveloped me, making my head spin and my cock strain against the confines of my leathers. That was the tricky part, hiding my arousal every time; putting out the cig I took a deep breath as my mind drifted back to the image of my female’s bare body tangled in the ebony sheets of our mated bed. Shiiiiit. I groaned closing my eyes when the leathers started to feel a little too tight. I chastised myself once again for the unnecessary discomfort. Not the time V, not. the. fucking. time.

Exhaustion soon won over and I slumped onto my desk, falling into a restless sleep. A few moments later, my breathing began to come in harsh pants and my eyes flew open. My heavy body felt as if underwater, gravity seemed to multiply and kept me frozen in place. The eye that bore the curse was consumed in darkness to give way to that higher power... thanks mommy dearest. Soon, like I was on a fucking dance floor, the heavy fog clears and the vision starts.

The rustle of leaves and the soft whistle of the wind was the first thing to register then images became clearer and I could distinguish a wide clearing of trees in front of which stood a wide shouldered, tall male.

A musical laugh filled the air and the male bolted to the fringe of the clearing capturing a slender female in a tender hug. The female finally pulled back to lovingly caress the cheek of the male, mahogany waves lifted from another gentle breeze and finally she was revealed. The female I knew.

My vision was of Jodi… a happy Jodi with a male… that wasn’t me.


No comments:

Post a Comment