Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Big Picture - Brotherhood Compound, Caldwell, NY 2039


 Jodi
*Standing at the edge of the clearing pacing nervously, the last dying rays of sun long passed as I traced my own footprints in the thick grass. Where was he? It pained me in a way I’d never have imagined to be away from him, the strange empty feeling in my heart at his absence was a constant reminder that part of me was missing. My brows knitted with worry, I hugged my arms to my chest, chewing my lip as I glanced at my watch and back up at the mansion. I’d been too nervous to stay inside and wait for him to come back to me, the lavishly appointed manor suddenly oppressive as the doggen hurried back and forth preparing for the mating ceremony. My lips curved into a soft smile at the thought. Never would I have imagined my life taking this turn… so much had changed.  My mating to Vishous remained one of my fondest memories, an experience I would treasure no matter what life threw my way but, this mating was… special. Turning to again scan the grounds, the wind kicked up and I lifted a hand to sweep my hair from my face, head snapping around at the sound of Vishous’s booming voice carrying across the clearing. “Leelan?  Leelan! He’s home!” My face lit by a blinding smile, my fears of never seeing him again washed away in an instant as I caught sight of him stalking toward me, the white robes of the Primale billowing behind him. Following on his heels was his brother Brutahl, still dressed in his fighting leathers, as was Vishous, our daughter Tehmpest hurrying behind. The group was a breathtaking sight as they hurried toward me, sending a relieving wave of completion washing over me. Breaking into a run I slammed into his massive chest at full speed, hugging him with everything I had, the wind whipping my hair in a flurry around my face as I finally pulled him closer to frame his jaw with my hands, looking him over to assure myself that he’d been wholly returned to me* I’ve missed you… *Sahvage’s lips peeled back from his fangs on a loving smile, giving me another tight hug* “I’ve missed you, too, mahmen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment