Friday, March 4, 2011

Cold Turkey


Nights out on patrol had done little to distract me, my mind racing to always end up lost in the dark chocolate pools of her eyes. Days cooped up at the pit after nights filled with the constant battle of good vs evil-bad ass warriors against pale undead fuckers- the forced sensory deprivation bringing her to the forefront of my thoughts again. The war was left on the Caldwell streets, the rush of adrenaline priming me for the kill, transforming 260lbs of warrior muscle into a juggernaut of visceral carnage. Until I was back at the compound washing the oily blood down the swirling drain of the shower, straining to remember the weight of my dagger in my gloved palm…  but nothing could compare to the way those mahogany waves framed the delicate features of that female with the sweetest of bloods. The moment of weakness I had experienced had been a blessing and a curse all at the same time, it gave me the chance to say yes to her willing vein… the curse… I couldn’t shake the way her skin felt against my lips, the way the bouquet of her blood so easily flowed down my throat as it revitalized my body, and the way her body fit against mine.
The nights went on as if on autopilot… the meetings with the hardass King – annoying as ever for both of us –, Tohr riding me about the new system of operations and for constantly ignoring his “stern” looks, setting up coordinates for the new attacks and new routes for patrol, scanning the areas and killing the smelly fuckers accordingly. It had been a fucking miracle I had kept my shit together enough to keep the injuries at minimum or… no… to think I could’ve been benched for being distracted would have left too much time on my hands to obsess over and over again in the dark corner of my office.
I found myself using my office as a sacred sanctuary that kept me secluded from the problems that plagued my mind as I busied myself with “mundane” tasks. My brows knitted together as I thought about the last few times I’d hidden in this room. Lately my life had been one obsession after the other. First the cop and now I realized it had been a while since I had even thought about the male any other way than as my best friend. The misery that came with the dreams of him were just that… dreams…and had ceased to cast a shadow over me, to leave me wallowing in pain under that visibly untouchable aura I had perfected ages ago. However, my thoughts made a sharp turn to linger on those dark eyes… the ones for so long that I’d tried to ignore. That smartass female standing out among the many others that followed the brothers around. Even as I told myself I treated her like any other there was a nagging feeling that had eluded me for all the time I had known her. I rubbed my temple as I considered this… had anything changed? If so, why had it changed? Why her?
Before I consciously registered any move, I was out of the Pit and materializing back to the place I had visited so many times the last couple of nights. She would be here. As always, I had done my research. Once I started obsessing about her, I gathered as much information as I could from playing around with my Toys, security cameras from the different places she frequented, hacking club security feeds and traffic cameras, searching for images of her, finally obtaining ample angles of her profile for my surveillance program to locate her in a crowd. Of course, I thought, I’m just looking out for my pet.. nothing less, nothing more. She had a habit of attracting the wrong crowd, namely males, I had figured that she could use a little help. A thought that would earn me a nice stinging smack if she knew. That female was a magnet for the opposite sex…a growl building in my chest at the thought of another male looking at her. Now, I found myself on the street scanning the painted faces of the Caldwell club set for her face. As per usual, I stayed by the fringes making myself one with the dark shadows that surrounded the club. I kept my anonymity no matter how much the fixation grew… I still kept to myself.
My gloved hand slipped inside my jacket to retrieve my blunt and gold lighter, after I make quick work with both I’m happily taking a hit of the Turkish tobacco. I blew out a cloud of smoke as I stood against the wall of the dark alley across the street from the club. My diamond eyes fixed on the window and the crowd that gathered close to the main door as I smoked. I hadn’t spotted her yet but I knew she was there. Every cell in my body hummed as if sensing her presence, which told me that staying a few feet away would be the smartest move. If only I could follow through with it… Bodies passed by the window, females laughing and dancing to get the attention of whatever male was unfortunate enough to be within range. I winced when I spotted a few that had been there to take care of me when the need had risen, too wired up to notice I had fucked them against the nearest wall. With the edge off the females immediately ceased holding my attention. Get in, get off, get out pretty much summed it all up. Nonetheless, as a Brother those encounters were sometimes passed down as X-rated legends, they’d still gone with a trophy fuck story to share with anyone who would listen.
It was during my reverie that… she walked into view. She looked as beautiful as ever, even behind the longing that clouded her eyes. As I took another long drag of my cig, I mused over what it was that could have her so sad… maybe the question was who. And the moment my mind conjured the image of another male causing her pain I… I shifted my weight on my feet, my body felt as if ready for a fight even now that there was no enemy within sight. Fuck. My gaze fell on my shitkickers, there was something in the back of my mind that gave me the chills, the foreign feeling did not sit well with me. After a heavy sigh, I turn back to look up at the window… just in time to see a small tear run down her cheek. That was it, any excuse I had flew out the window. I didn’t know what I’d say but, I was going to help her no matter what. The sound of my heavy footfalls followed me as I made my way out of the darkness… then I froze. The sight of another male kept me planted in place by the fringes of the alley. I could feel the shift that had started in me slowly rearrange itself back in place, the fragments of the wall that kept me secluded slowly being rebuilt and reinforced.
She had someone else.
Both of us were better off this way.
After one last longing look, permanently fixing her image in my brain, I dropped my lit blunt and crushed it under the soles of my well used shitkickers before I turned around for a long walk into the chilly night. My next move? A Goose-induced coma seemed like the best plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment